Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As some of you know our grandson Jacob is having leg lengthening surgery tomorrow I am asking ya'll for prayers for him 1st that the surgery goes well and quick healing and 2nd same trips since most everyone will be traveling close to 2 hours to be there for surgery.
We don't know with procedure they will use yet hoping the best for him will b the one that hes just on crutches for a while and not wheel chair for a long period with pin care. Any way heres sharing Jacobs face with ya so you know who your praying for 1st with his teacher then pics this weekend of him and papa and Monty! And then the girls that LIKED him at the hunt this weekend....

Attachments

• IMG_0982.JPG
    IMG_0982.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_1101.JPG
    IMG_1101.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1105.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_1106.JPG
    IMG_1106.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 674
OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: SURGERY PRAYERS PLEASE!

And a pre Thanks from Jacob...

Attachments

• IMG_1086.JPG
    IMG_1086.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 699

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

You got it MG! Jacob rocks,you go Jacob!He's too active for it to be a long recovery.He'll be fine.Tell him when he goes back to school and they ask him what he did on his summer vacation,no one else will be able to top his story!Gotcha all in my prayers.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.

Best of wishes to Jacob! :) Chances are he'll be running like the wind in no time. Kids rebound from these things quickly. I bet he'll pull a Forrest Gump (I mean in terms of his legs) and before long you won't be able to keep up!

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

Hay MG, our best to little Jacob and wishing him a speedy recovery! :thumbsup:

HH

Desertfox

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900

Jeff and Evy,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Jacob.
We are expecting a good report. :thumbsup :thumbsup:

Tom & Ragenna

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank-you all for the prayers please keep them up, I am off to bed as we are leaving at 4am to get there but, I have to post one more of him and the girls just for when he sees this thread when he gets to come home!

Attachments

• IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 669
T

trish76642

Thinking about you and little Jacob! He's a real cutey!

Keep us updated Evy.....

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Evy, y'all will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Please keep us updated.

Jacob, this is for you...

GetWellballoons.jpg

getwelllsoon.gif

Attachments

• GetWellballoons.jpg
    GetWellballoons.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,691
  • getwelllsoon.gif
    getwelllsoon.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 757
OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank-you all so much for the prayers, I will show this to him when he goes home! We're in his room and hes asleep.
They put an exterior facilatator (spell) any way they broke his leg put a rod in it sewed it closewd then put this device on the ouside with 4 pins that go into the bone to stretch it . Mom ans dad will have to turn the pins a mililiter 4 times a day for the next 6 weeks. But right now he snoozin, and has had some pain but, he is trying to be very brave about it!

Thank- you all very much again for the prayer wishes and the phone call ! He knows Prayer works he would not let them take him back til we prayed so he knew he would be ok! :icon_sunny:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Sounds like it's thumbs up :thumbsup:,evy,get the ice cream ready for him when he gets home.Helping everyone to remember to turn those screws on time will be the big thing.Get some rest now.Prayers still going out for all of you.

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks daddy ! It will be easy to remember to turn them Breakfast-----Lunch------ Dinner------Bedtime .....
is what the Dr. said.... Polly want a cracker..... cracker made him sick Jacob want popcycle ?

Attachments

• jacobsurgery.jpg
    jacobsurgery.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 603

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well by golly MG we were down that way and left for Colorado just about the time his surgery was done, but I didn't know it was going on. But we're thinkin about him now. It sounds complicated but it sounds like it came out alright. And of course the girls like him. He's a dead ringer for me. Well, I'm a little taller, and he's a little younger,and has more hair, and less wrinkles, but by gosh we both have brown eyes and like to wear caps so there you have it! God will look out for that young feller, keep us posted!

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

He does love to wear caps! And that Toby Mac wrist band he wore thru surgery! Today Jed Castles a weather man from ch9 in OKC came and saw him he prayed over him and took a pic for Jacob and one on his cell too, he gave him a cap and DVD on the May 3rd tornado and a autograph pic and a book written by Gary England the chef meteorologist! ON a side not the book's author was the weather man on the movie TWISTER which Jacob watches every chance he gets! Jacob has wanted to be a weather guy/storm chaser since he was 3 years old! So this was a very, very cool thing!

They said the Dr. wants him to go home tomorrow and they have only had him up once. They need to keep him one more day his mom is wanting them to show her a easier way to help him up, he hasn't asked for much pain meds (hes brave) so they think he is ready to go home! >:(
We love him and want him home but, he needs one more day there!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

May God bless all of you. And I was feeling sorry for myself because I had surgery on my foot last Thursday. When I read that he would not let them take him back till they prayed I knew he was on the right track. Way to go Jacob!!!

DANGLANGLEY

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That sounds good. Listen to them doctors and stay there if he needs to, until they say go home. When my son was in junior high in Hydro, Gary England came out and did a program and passed his book out and signed it. My son got one signed by him and took it back and told Gary England to 'sign this so I can read your name', and he signed it again, where you could read it. Friday night in the big town! We're keepin y'all in our thoughts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread