Surprise! (No Pics)

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Yesterday I went out to a newer soccer field just hoping to find a ring and/or some quarters. This park was probably built in the 80's sometime. The top half of the soccer field had very few signals but as I started toward the other half it seemed like i was in a dump! I got a good 25 VDI on my DFX and was hoping for a ring. About 3.5 inches down the nickle fell right out of the plug. I rubbed the mud off and saw stars! Then the date...1903! I did not expect that at all. Absolutely blew me away. It was my FIRST V nickle and my OLDEST coin found so far. I went back today and dug a bunch of quarters and some OLD iron. Also dug an old button with a design of a wreath around grapes. This park was built on what I would have guessed to be an empty farm field, but now I think I have found an old home site from the things I have found and the concentration of items in about a 40 yard radius. I think I may have a virgin site! I'll keep ya'll updated. Like it or not. ;)

Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're into old iron...you might be right. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
UTcoinshootR

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Thanks cololel and Evolution! Went again for a half hour and found a tiny buckle, I'm guessing it is a boot buckle. D shaped, about 6 inches down. Surprised I heard it for how small and deep it was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions