Surprise!! SILVER.............when you least expect it

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a Little League complex today, only about 20 years old, but well used. I have never "cherry picked" before, but since its not that old a park, I thought I would only dig high tones, and clean up on some clad, and not dig a bunch of zincons. Did well with dimes and quarters, lots of surface pennies,but a few were dug. A very heavy medallion of some sort. Then when you least expect it :hello2: bang.........my first silver quarter! A 1962 Canadian, here............... of all the old sites I hunt............... 101_7299.JPG IMG_0171.JPG silver, but never a quarter. You just never know where the silver is!! Kids with $$$$$ =lots of targets!!! Stayed about 3 hours, I'll be back!

Upvote 8

wanting rings

Aug 9, 2014
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro(main), White's adjustable sand scoop, Bounty Hunter quick Draw(back up 1), Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250(kids), & a tracker IV(Kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice hunt. great job and HH from Muskegon

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Around these parts Canadian silver quarters are quite rare! That's a really nice find! Congrats!

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am just across the St. Clair River, from Sarnia Ont. Canada,( 1/4 mile) so their coins are and have been part of life here............just the silver part is rare
Around these parts Canadian silver quarters are quite rare! That's a really nice find! Congrats!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am just across the St. Clair River, from Sarnia Ont. Canada,( 1/4 mile) so their coins are and have been part of life here............just the silver part is rare

Here in northern California I've dug about 150 silver quarters over the last 29 years of metal detecting. Iv'e only dug one Canadian! Being so much closer to the border you guys probably find more of the sought after silver types...

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice silver and finds

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member