Surprise small silver from the creek this afternoon.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I finally had a chance to swing a detector... With the business, finding time to hunt is getting harder all the time. And due to the lack of rain the ground around here is hard... any digging would kill lawns. In addition the fields are planted and the woods are very green this time of year. This limits the places to hunt. I'm sure many of you understand if you are in the northeast.

So I decided to hit a nearby stream where there had been a ford on the mid-1800s map, with the hope some era relics would turn up.

The going was slow... Much to my surprise there wasn't much iron- perhaps the stream has shifted through the years? Of course the occasional pull tab and beer cans hit hard... And so did this signal, which was the only decent hit of the 90 minute hunt. Of course I had to dig it- a nice smooth tone that read 12-40 on the CTX 3030. I couldn't have been more surprised when it emerged from the muddy water- a nice, albeit small- sterling silver ring.

This relic hunter doesn't get to see this type of things appear out of the dirt very often... It's usually Civil War buttons and bullets to show up under my coil. I could get used to this. :)

Thanks for looking-

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470353783.804258.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470353783.804258.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 28

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice Keith. Good to see you got out. What's that saying about all work and no play? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470358262.268331.jpg

Cheers

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Nice old silver ring!
Congrats!
Its great you found....uh, made time to go MD'ing, not always easy.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice silver ring find and in fantastic shape - congrats to you and thank you for sharing your pictures and story with us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find! Just goes to show how this hobby surprises us...that's just one of the things I truly love about detecting, you never know what the ground will give up from one hunt to the next...love that ring, thx for sharing...ddf

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys - it made my day when it appeared in the muddy water.... It was a bit different experience today but I can't wait to get the detector wet again!

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Keith. Good to see you got out. What's that saying about all work and no play? View attachment 1343925

Cheers

Yep, I need to take more time to "play"! Fall is coming, and the relic sites will start opening up again... and I WILL be out in them this fall. :)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice find Keith

I totally agree to hot and dry. I've been out only a handful of times this summer.

Any piece of silver from any era usually makes my day. Hope to see more from you in the fall.

HH Jer

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find,.. :occasion14:

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring, Bedford. It is also extremely dry over here in Martinsburg as well. Not a good time to dig in nice grass.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find, I love those rings

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same problem here in Michigan, Keith. Dry, rock hard ground, too many leaves and poison Ivy, and every relic field is planted with soy beans. Beaches are packed with people, and detectors. Come on Fall and a little mud!:laughing7: Nice ring!

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see you pulling a keeper out of the water Keith. We'll have to get together soon and hit the water at that spot we talked about.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you got out to do some hunting man. Thanks a really cool ring that I'd be super happy to find. I need to get myself into some creeks around here soon.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking ring Keith, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread