jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Was on my way to the bank and Home Depot this morning around 10:30. Saw a nice sign on my way for a "gigantic moving sale". Decided to follow the well made signs. At first glance the sale was underwhelming with a large amount of junk and very beat up electronics. I saw a lot of computer monitors and a set of jumper cables so I asked how much for the cables and BTW, "do you have any computer towers"? $0.50 on the cables and he went inside to find some towers. His friend comes outside and starts showing me all this sci-fi and gaming stuff. Using context clues, I then asked if they had any Magic: the Gathering cards. They got excited and opened up the garage for me. They pulled out boxes and boxes of cards and 1 old computer tower. I noticed an old car battery and 2 more pairs of jumper cables in the garage, so I asked how much for ALL the cards, the 3 pairs of cables, the battery, and the tower. They looked confused and after some pondering I heard the magic words "How about $20". SOLD!

Well I JUST got done going through thousands of the cards. Rough estimates put the selling price of the pile on the right at $375. The huge stack on the left is ALL cards that are worth between 50 cents and $2 each. I actually still have a giant box filled with binders of more cards to go through.

Attachments

• mtgcards.jpg
    mtgcards.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 147

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a whole bunch of Magic the Gathering cards sitting in my parents basement that I would be willing to part with. I started playing when the Revised set came out and stopped around Mirage even though I have some from later sets. I put together most of the Revised set. They're all in proper boxes and binders, I did play the game for a few years so some of them are game used, but some are in NM to Mint condition. Hit me up if you're interested.

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great! I should ask at yard/garage sales for MTG cards. Not to try and resell, but because my kids have (unfortunately) gotten totally into that game!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of these days i'm gonna go through the ones I have and see if any of them are worth anything. I was just thinking, they have to be from the early 90's because I got them when I was in Ky. in the summer of '95.

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone wants to buy some from me tell me and I can post what I got :)

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
OLD UPDATE:

Still selling cards from this lot to this day. Just sold the last of them for $75. This has turned out to be one of my highest profit margin scores ever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread