Surprise thrift store find

Starree

Greenie
Jun 19, 2013
I bought a bag of marbles at the thift store for 4 bucks the other day. When I first looked at it my impressions where of mostly newer cats eye marbles but there were some older looking ones so I figured for 4 bucks, what the heck :)

example of most of the marbles in the bag:

Imagine my surprise when I pulled out this Latticino while going through the bag. What is the price range for a marble such as this? I've tried checking ebay and see they have gone for $5.00 up to $150.00. I know this one is not at the high end of the range. What do you think?

These were some of the more interesting ones as well. I'm not sure which are newer and which are older. Can you help me ID them?

Is the lower left one an end of day? What are these cool yellow blue ones? All of these are larger marbles.

Thanks for looking at my marbles! Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I don't see anything old except for the german handmade. It's not very big, or in the greatest shape, so probably a $5-10 marble. The beach ball looking ones are imperials, from china. There are two others in with the beach balls that could be older american marbles. The first, second, and fourth ones on the bottom row of "beach balls" are probably American made older ones. Looks like a couple of vitros and some kind of swirl maybe.

The black based ones look like modern Vacors from Mexico. The blue with black ribbons might be something American and older.

You didn't go wrong for $4.

OP
OP
S

Starree

Greenie
Jun 19, 2013
Thanks cheese!

What do you think about the last few pictures of the larger marbles?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread