Surprises inside a candle holder

SureJuJu

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Experts,

I bought this Amethyst candle holder (made in Brazil) for $16.99 at HomeGoods because I noticed there were some white and yellow "stuff" inside a vug. After I got home, I tried to look at it more closely and took some pictures of the vug (kind of hard). I think the white "stuff" from the top are druzy quartz, right? How about those small red/black/yellow "stuff"? Do you think they are some kind of minerals or just dirt/mud got into the vug during the manufacturing process? Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• y1IMG_4687.JPG
    y1IMG_4687.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
  • y2IMG_4690.JPG
    y2IMG_4690.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • y3IMG_4697.JPG
    y3IMG_4697.JPG
    849 KB · Views: 55

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its likely that your crystals started off as Citrine quartz and were heat treated to become Amethyst. Its a common practice however its a nice cluster for decoration like that.

EDIT: My bad, as pointed out in the following posts my mind flipped the heat treatment~ as noted its Amethyst to Citrine so no the cluster is Amethyst. Even I make dumb mistakes hehh..... still a nice cluster ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SureJuJu

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its likely that your crystals started off as Citrine quartz and were heat treated to become Amethyst. Its a common practice however its a nice cluster for decoration like that.

??? I thought it's the other way around - heat treating Amethyst to form Citrine?

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stand corrected :) Thanks. Dyslexia strikes again ;)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions