Swamp Gold

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Bigcypresshunter:
Did anyone ask me to help them on this Treasure Site, the one, that I "Posted" ?
Nope!
Then! ???
Why should I give away my work and lead them right to the treasure?
Why should I do all of the work :P and they do none ? ::)
If I can find the treasure information, that must mean that it is probably "public" !
Did or are they looking ?
From the sounds of it, I bet NO!
Has anyone offered to set up and partnership with me?
Nope!
BuT!
Have I been asked to give away the location, for FREE? ?
YEP!
You BET! they have! :o
And why?
JUST!
Because they are on this "Forum" and asked me to tell them the location..
HEY!
" WHY should I do any research, Just ASK Cptbil, He'll tell you!"
I am expected to blab the location to anyone who asks, ;D just because they are on this "Net ?"
Offering nothing in return!
I thought that True TH'ers did their own research.. ???
Or!
Atleast offered something in return!
In other words, I do all of the work and w/o the proper research, a TH'er will never find anything!
AND!
They!
Just because "they" are on this net, they can ask me for the location!
Guess what I say to that ! :-\
You're kidding RIGHT?
OR!
Maybe , You're not serious ?
How about offerring something in return ?
Like! Going out there and lending a hand!

Hey!
I have one out in Arizona that I have only been working on for [glow=red,2,300]five (5) years[/glow],
WANT! Me to tell everyone where that is too ?
I ! Mean, after all, we're all TH'ers and we help each other !
RIGHT!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Dear Captainzossima:
As I fully explained before, See: "reply #37" above, this style of writting is done for a reason!? ::)
Does/did it get your attention?? ???

AND!
If you want a perfect example of people NOT! reading what is written in plain B/W lettering, I can show one example,
in this Very! Topic!

AND!
Then! SIR! :)
I challenge you to explain to me, how a person, reading the sentence, in question, that is written in B/W, No fancy "crayolas", could not correctly read or understand it ! ;D
DEAL?

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Mr. JT:
Right there!
You are [size=16pt] THE! PERFECT EXAMPLE ! [/size]
You have done JUST! want I said !
You show ME! Anywhere, where I said or mentioned... that the Military taught me ANYTHING about WRITTING!
If you'll go back AND! REREAD! my "Posts" you'll see that I SAID... "READ" or "READING!:
You won't find ONE WORD about The Military teaching me anything about WRITING!
But!
Don't feel bad!
AND! I HATE!
To have to, admit it...THE Govt. being right, I mean!
As we all found out, in that class...
WE ALL Do The SAME THING!
Everyday, Continuously.....

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Point prov-en cptbil ! score 1. How have you been ?. I haven't been around much, miss you're posts
hope all is well, good luck on you're Hunt's

kenb

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears the only thing he proved is that it does not work.? :'( :'(

Bill your word READ in the post you are referring to was highlighted like it came right out of a? Mister Rogers coloring book.

And JT didn't even noticed it,? :D :D ?so all that training you endured must have been at most a waste of time and tax payers money. ::) ::)

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" 'It'll have you tripping"...'Man I ain't going nowhere without my luggage'"

Richard Pryor - 1972

::)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigcypresshunter said:
cptbil,? Sorry, I can't possibly say if I want to split expenses of a trip to DC, or even if I'm interested, because I have no idea what you are talking about.

diggemup, Sure I'd love to have some company. I didn't get out much this season due to personal problems.
I need to buy a new detector, and maybe a used one too. ;)? I probably won't be able to get out to the swamp for at least a month. I'll send you a PM. I don't know much about the Ashley Gang, except he killed an Indian and was shot on Sebastian bridge. They found the murdered Seminole when they dug the old Mud Canal from the lake. I would like to hear more about the buried money.

Here is a pic of the junction of Shark and Harney Rivers, where gold is rumored to be buried.
Hey Bigcypress, I just started researching the ashley gang and the supposed buried money.They supposedly have several caches buried.The 2 largest being a $110,000 in gold buried somewhere in the area of thier old headquarters in canal point.The second one which is reportedly $25,000 in gold is buried somewhere near the St.Lucie inlet.I have some copies of historical ephemera which may shed some light on a few things.They should be here next week in the mail.Also theres a book titled"Red Grass River:A Legend" by James Carlos Blake,which tells of the exploits of the Ashley clan during there haydays between 1915 and 1926.The indian you were refering to I believe was named Billy Bowlegs.I saw your topo map of the shark and harney river junction.Those 2 humps of land look dead on,according to legend.Too bad it's in a national park.I also read somewhere that,the civil war payroll was buried near present day Hendry county near the Big Cypress Seminole res.I wonder what that is all about?Anyway thanks for the reply and i'll be waiting to hear from ya.Take care and H.H.-diggummup PS-captbll, I aint'z be attakin use,Iz is jus' statin fakt's,sorry but your posting techniques are arrogant,condescending and annoying to many, and like I said ,i've read many of your posts in the past and they are all the same jibberish.I'm sure you won't change and this is America so that being said have a nice evening and good luck to you and your team.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
MAN! ::) Las Vegas BOB: ;D
Please go back and REREAD Both of the "Posts" !
I NEVER said ANYTHING about the Military teaching, or did I even mentioning, that They thought me, anything about using the (Using YOUR! word) "Crayolas" !
If You'll REREAD the post, you'll see that MR.JT assumed & brought that up!
You have just reenforced the Whole "intercourse" ! ;D
Thanks!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
KenB:
How are you ?
How's the weather up there !
I was on eBAY and saw several really good buys on Boats up there !
Only thing, I didn't want to "bid" on them, because of the snow ? on the Interstate !
What and when are you planning for, on your vacation ?

xentrik1

Jan 10, 2006
No offense intended but this thread has become so childish and of topic. Is seems to me that if you can't or won't talk about your treasure legend then why say anything no matter what color or font?

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
cptbil, all's good up here but no vaca plans as of yet. I promised my wife the house would be done before any "free time" for me. I'm a little behind schedule, but getting there. If I can help in any way with a boat up this way, let me know. I've got a couple company's I work with that do cross country trans.

kenb

P.S., point of post, you don't have to prove sh!+ to anybody here.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Big Cypress, sorry I didn't reply sooner. I don't check this forum too often. I'm busy actually searching for treasure. There are 16 chests of treasure buried on the island at the junction of the Shark and Harney rivers. It was buried there by Capt. Jack Rackham (Calico Jack). He was later captured by Spanish and taken to St. Iago de la Vega (Jamaica) tried and hanged. His body was displayed on a small island outside of Kingston and the island is still called Rackham Cay. If you research Jack's trial you will see that he was captured with no treasure on board his vessel. Also captured with him was Anne Bonney and Mary Read.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
captbil,
Man! Do folks like to give you a hard time!
I'm a relative newby on this forum and I still want to believe that a lot of legends are true.

With that said:
I would be very interested in meeting with you (in person or by phone) and discussing some of your research. I have the time to spend searching and enough money to hire manpower and equipment. I think we could agree on a "small" cache as a trial and an equitable split.
You risk nothing but the information you've already done. I risk my time and money.
Interested?
grizzly bare

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
MR. Grizzly Bare:
Do You Fly ?
AS far as, " Am I interested ? " :D
Yes! Sir!
I am ALWAYS INTERESTED! ::)
AND!
Since this year is going to be another of the Long Trips!
(8-12 months! 'kuz, I got a few extra bucks (The 40k) in my jeans! )
I certainly have/will, as You Do!, Have or MAKE! the time!
I was considering making it to Florida, :-\
BUT!
After some due consideraton, ( And a FEW? Hints from the Wife, about being "Flighty" ) I believe that I'l stay with my original plans!
I'll email you my phone number >>>>

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
cptbil,
I have your telephone number and will call you Monday evening if that is okay with you. Be thinking of a nice cache we can work on as a trial run to find out if we can work together (actually I'm pretty easy to work with) Don't mind digging and certainly wouldn't mind finding a hidden cache of gold or silver. Or old nails or shells or whatever. The fun is in the companionship and hunt.

grizzly bare

RonS

Feb 1, 2006
New England
Don't mind digging and certainly wouldn't mind finding a hidden cache of gold or silver. Or old nails or shells or whatever. The fun is in the companionship and hunt.

grizzly bare

That's the first thing said in this forum that makes any sense.
RonS

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
Just curious, cptbill, are you planning to search for the BIG, HUGE, AND I MEAN HUGE, LARGEST TREASURE IN THE US that you know the location of in Florida, or the load of buried weapons in Texas that you know the location of within 100 yards, or the treasure offshore Texas that you have pinpointed, or maybe the Spanish mine you found, then left because a storm came up?

I'm just wondering, because the stories are hard to keep straight, and since you'll be gone for 8-12 months without internet access, we won't have any updates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread