Swamp Root right out of the privie mud

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to my latest site after work today and decided to just detect, seeing I had neglected this part of the search here lately. After much ado I found it about time to get home for supper but I felt the need to probe a little around where I had dug the Nubian Tea and other bottles last week. Wouldn't you know it, I heard glass at 3 feet and just couldn't leave it there. After getting down to the soupy mud I found the broken base to an old Mason. A bit disappointed, I probed around the open hole and had one more hit and it sounded much better. A long story short, my wife was mad at me for being late for dinner and coming home so dirty(I was just supposed to detect lol) but I had a perfect aqua Dr. Kilmer's with the "CURE" embossing. After 1906 the Food and Drug act declared that only real cures could be called that...the rest was to be called remedies. Anyways, she cleaned up good as she had a cork in the top which kept the inside sparkling clean. Thanks for lookin vn.

DSC01359.JPG DSC01360.JPG DSC01361.JPG DSC01362.JPG DSC01366.JPG

bpete

Oct 16, 2017
Utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice find, love all of the different so called remedies of the time.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great bottle, nice color. I'm a fan of the remedies, cures, tonics and bitters myself. Good find, congratulations

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
First bottle I ever dug and hooked me for life was that exact bottle. Crazy cool. Great save. Jgas

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, Yeah there ain't nothing like pulling a bottle from its long time resting place...hook,line and sinker.

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great bottle, nice color. I'm a fan of the remedies, cures, tonics and bitters myself. Good find, congratulations

That was the third nice embossed Liver med from that hole, I know there is more there, can't wait to get back there.

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, cleaned up nicely, too!

Having the cork retained in the neck kept the interior clean as a whistle.....even had some med still in it. If it weren't for all the quackery, I may have tried it, I am sure I would have felt a whole lot better:laughing7:

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always enjoy poppin out a Kilmers , Congrats !!! there are some different varients as well

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always enjoy poppin out a Kilmers , Congrats !!! there are some different varients as well

As many different variants as there were, I think it's crazy that the wonderful embossing was actually the back sides of the bottles. The paper labels on the now blank side panels were what faced the customers.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
those swamp roots are some of my favorites, great name

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions