Sweat=Silver. Im OK With That!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweat=Silver. I'm OK With That!

It was in the high 80's with a high humidity count here in the Ozarks yesterday. Dressed as a Bedouin nomad, I hit the school soccer field that produced the myriad of finds on Saturday. I knew there just HAD to be more silver there. After four hours, drinking a gallon of water, cinching up my belt a few notches, I had three rings and a fistful of clad to show for it.

I really got a kick out of digging the "lil' chunker" sterling ring. It weighs in at 5.8 grams, and was a banging 90 on the VDI at 3" down. It is marked .925 AN. It is tiny but heavy!

I then scrounged another one of those enigmatic "India" rings that hit 83 VDI at 2", a really solid silver signal. But, this ring is not marked sterling. Anyone have ideas on these "India" (possibly silver) rings.

The third ring was a child's bling ring, once plated and now well worn, but with all of the "Ice" intact. Thanks for looking, Happy Hunting to All! Sub 8-)
chunkysterling1.JPG
Here's "Lil' Chunker."
chunkysterling2.JPG
chunkysterling3.JPG
Here's the India (possibly silver) ring. It looks silver underneath with gold wash, very lightweight.
chunkysterling4.JPG
Kid Bling with "Ice."

Last edited:
Upvote 20
Nice chunk of silver Sub, the ring from India almost looks like a bottle cap..:laughing7: nice save brother...

Ringling Brothers would be proud!

A very nice three ring day! :)

Hi Sub silver is always good! :occasion14: I've gotten several of those INDIA marked rings lately, all aluminum with a bit of embossing. Mines narrower and not as fancy as yours maybe the makers branched out later ? They are so light they practically float out of water.

Back to the silver ring thing, I would call 5 grams light but maybe its all due to perception vs the actual ring size? Not making fun of your perception but heres what I think of as heavy :headbang:

8_30_2014 ring 1 weigh.jpg

Nice Lil Chunker, I love digging the jewelry, even if it turns out to be junk.

Congrats on the silver... Call me strange, but I enjoy some heat and humidity.

WOW!!! That's a large piece of silver!!! Very nice!!!:icon_thumright:

Nice silver ring!! Bet that would sell for more then melt...Good hunt!

Hi Sub silver is always good! :occasion14: I've gotten several of those INDIA marked rings lately, all aluminum with a bit of embossing. Mines narrower and not as fancy as yours maybe the makers branched out later ? They are so light they practically float out of water.

Back to the silver ring thing, I would call 5 grams light but maybe its all due to perception vs the actual ring size? Not making fun of your perception but heres what I think of as heavy :headbang:

View attachment 1172578

CRM, we have very few "pimps" who would dare show up, much less wear a ring like that, here in the Ozark mountains!:laughing7: That is a killer chunk-o-silver, however, I bet your ears bled on that find. Sub 8-)

A silver ring is a silver ring :occasion14: who cares what size it is:thumbsup:

Congrats on some Sweet finds!! Love that monster silver ring!

Very nice dirt digging, love those rings

Wow! Chunk is right! Nice congrats!

Chunky describes that perfectly. The mafia would use that one to weigh a body down:laughing7:

CRM, we have very few "pimps" who would dare show up, much less wear a ring like that, here in the Ozark mountains!:laughing7: That is a killer chunk-o-silver, however, I bet your ears bled on that find. Sub 8-)

Well on the signal first I dug a quarter and then there was a deeper signal that still was a "Peggaro" Man I was astonished when that chunky ring rolled out of the dirt ! 8-)
Haha thats funny about the "pimps" I guess they like the biggie bling things ! I had a 95 year old guy ID the ring if he can be believed he loves to talk. He says that the ring represents a fraternal organization that was run by telegraph line workers. Haven't been able to confirm it yet (think they don't exist anymore) but hope his story is true :coffee2:

Nice finds Sub. I like the rings. GL&HH.

Congrats on the silver... Call me strange, but I enjoy some heat and humidity.

Me too. Its about the only time I'm not chilled and achey nowadays.

Hey big ups on the silver ring. LOL that thing IS a chunky!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back