New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, did you find these MDing or did your dad find them? Did your dad ID these or are you looking for an ID? Sorry I'm so confused (doesn't take much) Mackaydon is right, if you took those out of the coin holders and took some pix with your phone we all might be able to see them. Most phones have a macro setting, in natural light, even without macro, you should be able to get to a certain distance away and your phone will take a , in focus pic. Please don't think we are being rude or critical of your find/photography, just trying to help ya out.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice old coins!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Coin under the "Apple" may be Byzantine Empire -Manuel I (1143-1180) 'IC' on left and (guessing) 'XC' would be on the right --if not obscured. One variation looks like this:
thumb00759.jpg

Don...

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
By the way, if you are not familiar with IC-XC it is a Christogram for Jesus Christ. In Eastern Christianity, the most widely used Christogram is a four-letter abbreviation, ฮ™ฯนฮงฯน โ€” for "Jesus Christ" (i.e., the first and last letters of each of the words ฮ™ฮ—ฮฃฮŸฮฅฮฃ ฮงฮกฮ™ฮฃฮคฮŸฮฃ in Greek for Jesus Christ. On coins, this Christogram can be found split: "ฮ™ฯน" on the left of the image and "ฮงฯน" on the right-- as it is on this coin.
Don.......

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You may wish to try two more pics; this time bring your light source in from 180 degrees relative to the direction of the source from the pics immediately above. And pics in natural sunlight might also help.
Don....

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Flipi the coin on the left 180 degrees and you'll see the reverse of a modern US cent in proper alignment; though I think you already knew that and may have posted its pic just to scale the coin on the right.
Don.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread