Sweet Teller Tray Score!

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at the bank to make some deposits for work and glanced at the tellers tray. From the distance I could see a wonderful shiny rim peering at me. I played dumb and asked him if those were halves and could I buy them. He then asks why in the world I would want them. I told him this is how I give my son his allowance every week; he thinks he gets more because they are bigger than most coins. The teller loved the idea and reaches down and pulls another stack for me. Total Score: 1 90% Ben, 3 Proofs, 13 40%ers! photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.jpg

Upvote 0

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score! WIth that concentration of silver it must have been a collection dump.

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. That is absolutely incredible! Amazing that those could be found. Imagine the odds at work that allowed such a find! Truly incredible! Seems like everyday that someone is finding such curious finds. Crazy thay someone would collect and sort such coins then dump them at the bank. Its great luck that not a single teller recognized the unusualness of the coins. Simply amazing good luck! Someday I hope I'll have the fantastic luck to make a find like that!

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you nabbed his stash and in order for him not to get busted he had to sell it to you lol..good going! I keep hearing about people doing this type of thing, cheers for you to have the balls to ask, loved the cover story btw. I bet that guy will find a new spot for his rare coins hahaha!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you nabbed his stash and in order for him not to get busted he had to sell it to you lol..good going! I keep hearing about people doing this type of thing, cheers for you to have the balls to ask, loved the cover story btw. I bet that guy will find a new spot for his rare coins hahaha!

I don't think so, why would he keep clad there also?

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part time Tellers will often get assigned another's cash box on their working days. Anything stashed by a culling teller may get sold by the next teller to use the fund.

OP
OP
BRChiver

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy is actually there everytime I've been to this branch. I honestly think that he doesn't know the difference. It's a blessing in disguise when you find one. I think I'll keep him on my radar to check back with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions