All Treasure Hunting
Wow..That is nice.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
That is an awesome point. I agree, few and far. What type is it? I have one similar to it just bigger.

Very nice find. :thumbsup:

PS...Post this on the artifacts forum. Those guys will really like this one. :)

OP
OP
R

rockhound85

Oct 15, 2008
Mayo, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
yes GL my dad found it and i truly think this one is banner worthy also... and you can always ask Crackbadger about my luck.. and also ask him about his

artorius

Jul 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
I assume that the point was found in Florida. I have only a few Florida points (all silver-picked), but the material looks from the photos to be agatized coral. If so, that enhances the value of an already spectacular piece.

I agree that this point is Banner-worthy.

You should post this at the Indian Artifacts Forum. There are people there who are familiar with Florida atifacts, and they should be able to tell you the type. The rest on the Indian Atifacts forum will be drooling with envy.

Again, superb find!

artorius

OP
OP
R

rockhound85

Oct 15, 2008
Mayo, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
thank you and yes this is a north florida point and i am pretty sure Jeff already moved the topic to american indian artifacts for me...

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
That is a georgeous point. Love the serrations, it looks like it was brand new when it was lost or hidden...whichever the case may have been.

Would you care to share some information about the context in which it was found? Field, stream, beach, etc? Was it found by itself or was it accompanied by other lithics?

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Newt said:
You got my Banner vote!
Newt

I agree, this is a banner find, but the rules say not. It must be found by the poster. :'(

Still a banner find in my mind and I will never forget it. Sure would look good up there. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
R

rockhound85

Oct 15, 2008
Mayo, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
it was found in a plowed feild where they plant pine trees.. there have been many other points come out of that feild but this is by far the best one yet and maybe they could bend the rules just once on the banner.. i post stuff on here for my dad (he doesnt use/know how to use the computer) and i wont take credit for stuff that isnt mine but it would be great to see it up there.. me and my dad usually search plowed feilds and hit the rock shoals in the river when it is low enough.. we have been looking together for at least 18 years i am 24 now and lovin every min of it. thanks for all the comments and i hope to be putting some more stuff on here tomorrow after my beach hunt with my ace 250 maybe some gold?

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
It`s always nice to see exceptional examples of point types, makes one wonder at the skill of the knapper, most likely his only duty and a prized asset to the clan. A Banner piece!

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Brother,

WOW! What a point! Better not be from out my field! Truly deserves the banner. Your DAD was prob doing backflips when he found that one right. Good luck at the beach tomorrow bro hope you get some shiney stuff!

Brandon aka Crackbadger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread