Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

This was on a recent trip to Antigua, the Wife and I took a boating day trip out to Sting Ray City, of the Coast. Got quite a shock when I saw the size of some of these, and a even bigger shock when the Wife did'nt seemed bothered by there size :laughing9:

Great place if you get a chance go see them, there are very freindly and take squid out of the hand. :thumbsup:

SS

Attachments

• antiguahols.jpg
    antiguahols.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 397

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool pics. my wife and i got married at the sandles resort at antigua. .

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This didn't work out so well for Steve Erwin, did it?
Bit different senario....Steve Irwin was swimming with Rays not used to handling, these fish have been handled for many years, I asked the guys had anybody ever been stung....None had, they were just like babies.

SS

fire50

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be dangerous, Always I am conscious from such adventure.

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool, double S! To me, it's one of them things that I wouldn't want to wind up lyin on the beach with a bunch of folks lookin down at me sayin 'Well that's the first time THAT ever happened!'. Take care.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SS,

You lucky devil....lol......I'm starring out the window with 2 feet of snow on the ground.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool, double S! To me, it's one of them things that I wouldn't want to wind up lyin on the beach with a bunch of folks lookin down at me sayin 'Well that's the first time THAT ever happened!'. Take care.
RGINN I would swop two weeks at Antigua, for a few nights camping in your neck of the woods...anytime.:thumbsup:

SS

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS,

You lucky devil....lol......I'm starring out the window with 2 feet of snow on the ground.

Regards + HH

Bill
Bill I love the Snow, and have always wanted to come to Canada in the Winter, just can't persuade the Wife :sadsmiley:

SS

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice photo, and a great experience for everyone! (except the squid)

The rays are very soft and velvety, unless you step on one...

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SS,

We have quite the country here with lots of wide open spaces.....I'm sure you and your wife would enjoy it....
You could take a passenger train from Calgary to Vancouver and go through the Rocky Mountains....pretty awesome
views.

When me and the missus were in the Dominican Republic about 10 years ago.....we were dining at a restaurant back in the jungle the owner had a miniature zoo with lots of exotic animals including a lion.....I wanted to know if I could go in the cage and get a picture with him....he said no way....because it was after dark and the full moon to boot.... way to unpredictable under those conditions....he probably thought I was crazy or something....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill I love the Snow, and have always wanted to come to Canada in the Winter, just can't persuade the Wife :sadsmiley:

SS

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are such a prehistoric looking creature. I have hooked a few accidentally while fishing and let them go. Looks like you guys are having a great time. That water looks perfect :thumbsup:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I did Stingray City in Grand Cayman a couple of times under different circumstances and it is pretty cool but it took lots of rum drinks to get me there.:tongue3: Glad you and your wife had that experience,it's a pretty neat thing and glad it's off my bucket list now,hee hee!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feeding stingray squid, looks interesting....shallow water must be nice for wading and not too cold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread