Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

Silburned

Aug 31, 2011
SW WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1966 20 Rappen in nickels too. Was interesting to see a reed edge coin fall out of the roll. I guess the 1970 is smooth edge.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a 1966 20 Rappen in nickels too. Was interesting to see a reed edge coin fall out of the roll. I guess the 1970 is smooth edge.

No 20 rappens were ever reeded (you either have an error, or you switched the denom up, possibly a 1/2 franc which is 3 mm smaller {you would then have a .835 silver coin).

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one from 1940's in one of my nickel boxes, though it is old, not valueable more than that $0.19 you say the coin is worth,
HH
Buff

OP
OP
Rascal

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Where did that info come from? Swiss money is worth more than US (20 rappen is about 22 cents).

Dated info or the reference site hasn't updated their conversion table? T'was what I read in any case. No matter, it was an Easter Egg amidst a nest of grass clippings, and that is what truly matters, the coolness factor.

Rascal

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep in mind that currency trade-in values are constantly trading, one minute the CAD(Canadian dollar) can be worth $1.03 to the USD(United States Dollar), and then the next minute the CAD can be worth $0.97 to the USD... so he was 3 cents off, he might not have been at the time of posting.
HH
Buff
No 20 rappens were ever reeded (you either have an error, or you switched the denom up, possibly a 1/2 franc which is 3 mm smaller {you would then have a .835 silver coin).

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep in mind that currency trade-in values are constantly trading, one minute the CAD(Canadian dollar) can be worth $1.03 to the USD(United States Dollar), and then the next minute the CAD can be worth $0.97 to the USD... so he was 3 cents off, he might not have been at the time of posting.
HH
Buff
Where did that info come from? Swiss money is worth more than US (20 rappen is about 22 cents).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread