RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I recently purchased an E Trac but I feel like I made a mistake since I know the Safari so well and have made some great finds. I am mostly a relic hunter and hunt CW sites. I got a great deal on an E Trac and figured it may be a good time to upgrade since I had a great chance at getting the E Trac at a reasonable price. The dealer put in a relic mode for CW hunting put it allows way to much iron. I would like to know how to find out the setting on the Safari's Relic mode and be able to set that into my E Trac. The factory relic mode on the E Trac is different than the Safari. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

DeArmitt Pa

Jun 7, 2009
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll tell you what would be best, use the Quick Mask button on the E-trac. Then you can adjust the quick mask to allow as much or little iron as you want. As a relic hunter, you would want less masking. The Quick Mask button is the button above your Noise Cancel and the Detect button on the right side of the control box. When you hit the Quick Mask it brings up a default setting, then using the up or down arrows you can adjust it to where you want. You will want to adjust down.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Do a search on "Etrac settings". Should be hundreds on here!

OP
OP
RiverRat3

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the good information.

OP
OP
RiverRat3

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DeArmitt Pa said:
I'll tell you what would be best, use the Quick Mask button on the E-trac. Then you can adjust the quick mask to allow as much or little iron as you want. As a relic hunter, you would want less masking. The Quick Mask button is the button above your Noise Cancel and the Detect button on the right side of the control box. When you hit the Quick Mask it brings up a default setting, then using the up or down arrows you can adjust it to where you want. You will want to adjust down.

I feel brain dead after reading the directions.....

DeArmitt Pa

Jun 7, 2009
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im sorry about your troubles. I use the Quick Mask feature EVERY hunt. The more iron on the site I adjust up slightly to get rid of more iron targets. The less iron on a site I lower the number to accept more, (Discrimination affects depth and sensetivity). Sorry I coudn't help you.

You didn't make a mistake, it takes time to learn any machine, 100 hours is the average to truely understand any machine. Just keep at it and it will get better. I have pulled a 3 ringer from 10 inches down in sandy soil and this machine had no problem seeing it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions