Swivel For A Nozzle

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A friend of mine rebuilds them but i never seen them with those kind of seals; or any seals what so ever. Do you know exactly what electric motor brings them? The dude i know he changes the copper wire in the strator when they burn out. . Ima give him a call to find out. Thanks
most pool and spa pumps use similar seals ..
Also trash pumps you might check norther tool if ya gave one rear ya

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
I think i have a better idea.. I heard there was ke201 pump being sold around here.. Maybe i could buy that one and attach it to a motor and get dredging. Ill just then end up buying the pump seal for the other one and have them both push a 6" if so. Wouldnt it be still better then the single motor. Btw. The ke201 pump i have is changed to suction 2.5"x1.5" i believe.

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think i have a better idea.. I heard there was ke201 pump being sold around here.. Maybe i could buy that one and attach it to a motor and get dredging. Ill just then end up buying the pump seal for the other one and have them both push a 6" if so. Wouldnt it be still better then the single motor. Btw. The ke201 pump i have is changed to suction 2.5"x1.5" i believe.
whats a ke201?

rer613

Greenie
Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for something simple, why not get a 4" galvanized gas union and drill and tap holes in the joining ring just snug up and set just short of tight then the set screws.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
P350s is better cheaper
I'd think so too aloes ya to go deeper longer hose and run harder but is he already has a foot valve then I guess he does have some added cost ... But if your gona go that way p why not just use a smaller motor? I over did mine because I had the gx 670 to begin with if I could have put a bigger pump I would have ..
If these tricks don't fix the tripple up I'm gona go with the tree stage box from keene and sell this tripple ..

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
I'd think so too aloes ya to go deeper longer hose and run harder but is he already has a foot valve then I guess he does have some added cost ... But if your gona go that way p why not just use a smaller motor? I over did mine because I had the gx 670 to begin with if I could have put a bigger pump I would have .. If these tricks don't fix the tripple up I'm gona go with the tree stage box from keene and sell this tripple ..

But doesnt the dp500 could be attached without machining the crankshaft ?
It could also save me that way anyways if so..

But if not then ill do the 350s .

I want to start doing things right and try to end that way also. .

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
G...you ignoring g me PMs?

As for dahlke pumps... You lose a blaster port...they don't have..

You might call keep e or look at the catalog I think they sell the 350s for a keyed shaft

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
G...you ignoring g me PMs? As for dahlke pumps... You lose a blaster port...they don't have.. You might call keep e or look at the catalog I think they sell the 350s for a keyed shaft
sorry i haven't gotten any pm from you I just checked...
I thinK they are only for threaded shaft ! But you could alway machine the impeller or the engine shaft ! That's what I did
To the gx 670

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
sorry i haven't gotten any pm from you I just checked... I thinK they are only for threaded shaft ! But you could alway machine the impeller or the engine shaft ! That's what I did To the gx 670
Yeah but that would cost me about 70 dollars. I think is worth trying to get the dp500 for the same price of the p350s . I couldnt find any dredge pump around here but i did find something i thought it was a dredge pump but end up being a blower for a drywasher.

Attachments

• image-553326622.jpg
    image-553326622.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 100
  • image-3222167301.jpg
    image-3222167301.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just get yourself the free standing p355s, install a pully then build a bracket to mount another bearing on the end of the shaft, that should help mitigate abuse on the bearing/seal and call it good. Or build a lovejoy connection. Buying a pump without a blaster would be like cutting your own balls off.

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Just get yourself the free standing p355s, install a pully then build a bracket to mount another bearing on the end of the shaft, that should help mitigate abuse on the bearing/seal and call it good. Or build a lovejoy connection. Buying a pump without a blaster would be like cutting your own balls off.
Is easy to take out 3/4 or 1" of water out if you want up top or right at the jet.

I dont like free standing they was selling me a iron free standing one but you have to build a good base which is heavy.

My problem is these pump seals. Maybe the dp500 pump seal could be found here. Ima buy a extra one. Ill see if the guy will accept 675 with free shipping.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is easy to take out 3/4 or 1" of water out if you want up top or right at the jet. I dont like free standing they was selling me a iron free standing one but you have to build a good base which is heavy. My problem is these pump seals. Maybe the dp500 pump seal could be found here. Ima buy a extra one. Ill see if the guy will accept 675 with free shipping.[/QUOTEp when you order your pump just order extra seal kits ! What ever pump you go with!
Takes about 15 minutes to change them when they go out And they always go when your trying to dredge ..
You should always have extra seal kits with ya ! I Cary 2 extra !

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also have a 13 hp Honda this pump is a p350
It's not the pump I'd recommend but it can be had cheap

Attachments

• image-452595270.jpg
    image-452595270.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3161088478.jpg
    image-3161088478.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could always changed the impeller to a p350s ..but I still don't like pedistal pumps You can buy a mount Probally from maxfuse on eBay and change the crank out on the honda las time I did one cost me about 100 dollars
I also have heavy engine plates you would need to drill new holes to position the engine where ya want as I used them for a different purpose ...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions