Upvote 0

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Gotta ask - was this found in oilcloth somewhere with a metal detector?

OP
OP
mavrick03

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
no this came out of a privet collection but i think its a neat item something from the past that you can hold in you hand that once belonged to someone who fought in so many battles

Mav

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt that baby was ever dug. The pristine condition of it indicates that Maverick aquired it by other means.

Maverick
? ? ? ?I have one word to say. NICE! 8)

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yeah, I didn't think it had been dug by itself, but I have heard of guys finding a box of personal belongings with a metal detector. It's condition is why I mentioned the oilcloth :)

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Actually a very sad story. Graduated from West Point. Served his country for many years. Was promoted for valor in the Civil War. After the war became an alcoholic(What Hell did he go thru in the war?) and was cashiered from the service. His last act was suicide before dishonor.

George

OP
OP
mavrick03

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
allow me to shed some more light on this story
I have photocopy's of military documents from the national archives on Fredrick m follett from 1850-1855 he served in the Texas area he helped in the squelching of the Mormon uprising in Utah he resigned in 1855 3 years after getting promoted to 2nd let
then 8 moths latter he was reappointed 2nd Lt of the 4th artillery
from 1856 to 1866 he served in over 30 engagements
in Aug of 1867 he was Court martiled charged with 3 counts count 1 drunkenness on duty count 2 breach of arrest count 3 conduct to the prejudice of good order and military discipline he was found guilty and cashiered out then after some of his superiors and other men he served with heard of this sent letters to the president in which the president overturned the verdict and reinstate him and assigned him to grant and grant assigned him to ft mchenery congress drug there feet on his reinstatement and after months of let down committed suicide while on post by a self inflicted gun shot wound to the head

mav

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread