SYRCL to host Earth Day event-all miners should attend!

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
We should all go to this! Why?

Because we love our rivers, and want to clean the rivers of the evil mercury, and lead fishermen's junk!

The only way to do that, is to have out mercury reclamation machines cleaning out the junk! We should all show them how much we care!

Just show up with signs and placards, no arguing, and some TV cameras focused on us to convince them of our sincerity.

Many years ago, I supported the SYRCL when they blocked the dams being built on the Yuba Rivers. But now, "mission creep" set in, and now they want to tear down Englebright Dam, and others which would clog the river with massive tailings, and I see it as a ploy to mine the gold out of there using govt. taxpayer money. That's my latest conspiracy theory. Maybe Alex Jones can run with that? LOL!

A pot luck luncheon will be served. Bring all your Spotted Owls and toads for roasting on the grill!:laughing7:

Like the president’s annual address, the South Yuba River Citizens League has scheduled its State of the Yuba event on Earth Day to report to the citizens of the Yuba watershed on the condition of the river, outline SYRCL’s priorities for the coming year, and most importantly, enlist all river lovers in the protection and restoration of the Yuba.
Join SYRCL on Tuesday, April 22, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. (program from 6-7:30 p.m.) at the Peace Lutheran Church (828 West Main St., Grass Valley) for this informative and free event. Light refreshments, snacks, beer and wine will be available for purchase.
Updates on SYRCL’s new River Monitoring Plan and Yuba Salmon Now campaign will be featured in the program. The new River Monitoring Plan will outline priorities related to long-term monitoring sites, mine-land streams, dam-affected reaches, invasive species, the upper South Yuba and more.
“We have been hard at work developing new goals for SYRCL’s 14-year-old River Monitoring program based on our analysis of past data and future watershed challenges,” said Rachel Hutchinson, SYRCL’s river programs manager.
In addition, SYRCL Executive Director Caleb Dardick and River Scientist Gary Reedy will give the latest progress report on the Yuba Salmon Now campaign. Wild salmon once returned to Central Valley rivers in the millions each year, with up to 300,000 in the Yuba alone. Today, Yuba salmon runs have dropped to less than 8,000, leading to their listing as threatened with extinction under the Endangered Species Act. SYRCL’s Yuba Salmon Now campaign outlines crucial actions for the next three years to save salmon in the Yuba River.
“If we do not take bold actions to reverse these declines, it is likely that these species will go extinct. We cannot let this happen on our watch,” Dardick said.
Awards for SYRCL’s Volunteer of the Year and Partner of the Year will be presented at the event, as well.
The public, including SYRCL members, supporters, river lovers of all kinds and anyone interested in finding out more about SYRCL’s programs is welcome to come celebrate Earth Day with SYRCL.
For more information, contact Miriam Limov, river people manager, at 530-265-5961, x201, or [email protected].

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
heck id go but ive got two trees to cut down and burn that day.it had some darn owl in it and the friggin frogs were getting to noisy!maybe next year!

OP
OP
B

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
heck id go but ive got two trees to cut down and burn that day.it had some darn owl in it and the friggin frogs were getting to noisy!maybe next year!

Folks, I am SERIOUS about us attending!

If they laugh at our solution to the problem, then we can ask them how they would get the mercury and lead out of the waterways!

And watch their response: "Uh, duh, I dunno, I'll have to ask Tizzy!" LMAO!

The true solution will always be dredging!

We didn't put the mercury or lead there!

But we can get it out!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always loved a good fight and if possible will definately try to attend to pzzzzzzzzzm off but good. GDaughters bdy in LA the 18th but will try.THANX much for headsup and sittn' in the environutz midst is so much fun when they realize Belzabob has infiltrated their precious meetings and the fur flies. John

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yes plese ask them , if a suction dredge is so bad ( cuz they say it kills fish) why would the sierra fund want to use one on the Combie at tax payer expense
oh wait now we have her ( IZZY ) say it will collect mercury but at less then what a miners suction dredge will acomplish
oh and the best one to ask the sheeple, why is selenium never ever in the reports izzy puts out about mercury

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread