system hookah Re:

D

digum smacks

im getting one also.but i thought motorized anything is not allowed in swimming areas on the beach.so i was looking into electric hookah system.here in fl does any one use them off the beaches.can you get away with a gas powered as long as its quiet?im sure this has been gone over a gizzilion times on this site.

Upvote 0

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
What area in Florida are you in? I am originally from the Fort Lauderdale area, and I seriously doubt that you are prohibited from using a gas powered hookah system on the beaches anywhere. The "no motorized" zones mostly pertain to boats where Manatees and people swim, and such is also implemented in the state parks. However, what you are doing is a simpler form of scuba diving and I grew up there on the beaches and watching the countless number of beach-based divers, and lot of them were using the hookah system.
If ever in doubt, call the department that is in charge of the beach you plan to swim/hunt at and ask them about the laws regarding gas powered air compressors for diving and get the confirmed (ok/denial) straight from the source and not from hearsay. The agencies you are looking for are Parks and Recreation, State Park HQ's and perhaps even asking the department in charge of Life Gaurd Duty may very well know if you can use this since they are the front line of enforcement of beach laws. I have not been in Florida in over 8 years since I have moved, but from the last time I was living there, I heard of no such laws, but things change over time.

More than likely if there are any laws, it would be ones that require you to refill the engine out of the water and off the sands of the beach and using specific containers to do such, which is not a bad compromise.

If you would like for me to help you to do some research and get you a real legal answer, let me know.

Oh and I would personally stay with the gas powered system if at all possible, if going with the electric hookah, be prepared to invest in a lot of power supplies and a reliable charging system.

I personally have a hookah-type compressor on my gold dredge called a T-80, I love it and you will too, there is no end to the possibilities and usefulness of the Hookah. These little compressors can even earn you darn good money if you are willing to use your air system to scrape barnacles off the bottom of other people's boats! I wish I would have had that idea back when I was in my 20's. ::)

Have fun!

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Hmmm...... just now noticed the irony.

Posted question......
180px-Honey_Smacks.jpg

Answered question......
capn_crunch-1.jpg

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do you get the information on the hookah's at. I would like to see about getting one and putting it on my boat.....Matt

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this link for info on Hookah systems. http://www.airlinebyjsink.com/

I would not use an electric one unless you had it aboard a boat where fumes might be sucked into the intake.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
if you want one , I Hope you have Deep Pockets.. it is cheaper to scuba.Coin finder..

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
coin finder said:
if you want one , I Hope you have Deep Pockets.. it is cheaper to scuba.Coin finder..

I have to say that this is not true, you just have to know how to shop around for them, or know what things to buy to assemble one for yourself and cut out the middle-man sales. ::)

I am going to slap some information together for those who are interested on having an affordable Hookah system. If interested look for the post titled "Affordable Hookah Systems"

This will be posted tonight.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Hey Digum, I saw a guy using one the other day at the beach just for looking at the pretty fish. No one told him you couldn't. His was gas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread