OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Re: Coil help and ****T shirt Update ****

I guess this is not a popular coil.....Well i will figure it out and write a review then.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

I have the same exact coil for my IDX, and it has worked very well in real trashy areas.
In fact when I got mine, I went out in my backyard for a comparison test with the 5.3 Bullseye.
I had the shooter coil on and detected near a tree. I got a dime signal, and less than 2 inches away from it a pulltab signal. I marked the ground where each was, with golf Ts, and changed to the Bullseye coil.

I scanned the same area, and only got the pulltab signal with the Bullseye. I dug the pulltab, then scanned the spot again. With the trash out of the way the dime showed on the ID. It was 2 inches deeper than the pulltab. I dug it and it was a 40's Merc
If I had been using the Bullseye I wouldn't have dug the pulltab ,and thus would have missed the Merc dime.

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used

Well that is promising....Thank you for the input. I am hoping to use this coil at our local park...It is VERY trashy...You can not make a full swing of the coil without 2 signals....Most being bottle caps or zinc pennies. Neither of which i want to dig.......I am hoping to sift through that to find the silver.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

You should swing a little bit slower than the larger coils, because it does have a smaller area you won't want to miss any signals. Though the detectors process signals very fast, any signal that the detector can't process fast enough, just could be that 1916D Merc dime in excellent condition :o :o

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Have been using the 4X6 shooter on my MXT in trashy areas and it really works great. Have tried the 5.3 round as well and it works better than the 9.5 in the trash, but I think at this point the 4x6 has a bit of an edge due to the narrower detecting pattern. Also like the smaller coils as they force me to slow down a bit. Most of us tend to hunt too fast. That's one of the reasons there's always something left.
HH
luvsdux

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used

Shirts are up in the for sale section.