T2 Classic!? Where had you been all my life!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I saw the $499 price and immediately called Bart.
I've strictly been using a Deus for the past two years. An ETrac before that.
Today was my second time out w the Classic. Folks, I'm impressed. At least 2" deeper than an ETrac in my soil on a silver dime. And fast.
I was in the woods. EMI was not an issue.
Settings= Sens 95, Disc 15, Tones 3. It GBed at 56. Machine was quiet as a Church mouse.
It did seem heavy after using a Deus. But, I was prepared. Got a new Detecting Buddy. It too works well.
So simple to use and I've overlooked this machine for years.
Do yourself a favor and get a Classic.
Best of luck.
Peace

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your new machine. You should do well with it.

I almost got one but settled on the Omega. I was bouncing from the T2, G2 and Omega but I got an offer I just couldn't refuse on the Omega.
I've heard nothing but good about the T2 from everyone who uses one. I guess that's one reason why it's considered a classic.
IMO, Teknetics makes fantastic detectors. I'm a die hard Tek fan.

Good luck & HH with your T2....

MikeyMinx

Apr 8, 2016
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my Classic T2 a few weeks ago. Man, the more I play with it, the more I love it! Great Machine..........

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats CincinnatiKid on your purchase - several use the T2 in our local MD club and have had very good success with them and no EMI problems. Wishing you many great finds with your's while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you're enjoying your T2! I've got one on the way. Should be here in a couple days!

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it did Mikey, loving it so far!

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one in March. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but I found a gold ring the first time out.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sprung for the upgrade, but agree it is a very capable detector without it and the price can't be beat. Personally, my only reservation with the T2 is that you have no concentric/coaxial coil options. There are some situations where having a concentric/coaxial coil is advantageous such as when more precise pinpointing is desired. Of the upper end Teknetics detectors, I consider the T2 Classic and Omega to be the best values (highest performance to new price ratios).

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got one in March. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but I found a gold ring the first time out.

Isn't it great when that happens?? I found a nice 10K class ring on my first hunt of the year.
Haven't found one since but it sure was a great feeling at the time.

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys...... What's the deal with the disc level at 0 or 51 boost? I've seen it talked about in other forums, but can't seem to get an explanation.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys...... What's the deal with the disc level at 0 or 51 boost? I've seen it talked about in other forums, but can't seem to get an explanation.

I believe boost is 50+ and below 5 on the T2. I know it's 20+ and below 5 on the F75.

tabman

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011

What actually happens when you change the disc level above and below these parameters the units switch to a slightly different method of discrimination.
The effect is a little bit more sensitivity to EMI in some sites but also a small bit of boost in sensitivity to targets...or so it seems.

I have been playing around with the disc for several months now and it seems to me that there is a small difference on every number you move down from 4 on my F70, also.
Now my regular hunting settings in disc is 1, monotone appears to give me the best and almost unbelievable response to every target the coil passes over and even multiple targets.
I am picking out extremely masked targets in sites loaded with trash, crazy iron and heavy mineralization.

Recently I am attempting to use 0 disc, I do use all metal a lot but I also love to experiment and a few other Fisher users in Tennessee, W.Virginia and other areas with high mineralization seem to get pretty good depth and ID's on 0 disc but going just from 1-0 increases the noise immensely.
I have lowered the sense and thresh to compensate and make it quieter and it still seems to get deep and separate targets very well...but 1 disc and monotone is still a favorite way to hunt.

Using more disc or notch in some situations also appears to work pretty decently in these horrible conditions.
I once picked up a very thin V nickel at about 8" in this devil soil, a feat that is mind blowing if you know how things usually goes around here, and I was using way more disc and multiple tones.

These FTP products with their multiple possible settings are amazing...if you understand and use some of those settings to your advantage.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread