dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope more people than me respond, because I just got mine. I've been using a old explorer for a long time. So far I've used t2 twice and I really like it. Been running it with sensitivity on 70 and disc 30 with 4 tones.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
You really do not need to tweak the sensitivity on the T2 as it runs hot. I think the factory setting is 65 and you'll be amazed at the faintest targets it sniffs out. Air testing against my AT Pro and there were targets that were invisible to the AT Pro even directly under the coil - yet the T2 rings loud and clear.

Now, the disc settings vary depending on what your site conditions are.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run my T2 at 70 sen , 40 disc and I like 3tone and it's working great . It i hunting a trashy park I turn down the sen to 60, I got my T2 in jan and live my machine. I only dig repeatable singles and So far found gold , silver. Just found to today a silver at 8 in deep

image-1389122541.jpg

OP
OP
M

mark1427

Apr 16, 2013
Southampton Co. Va.
Detector(s) used
ACE 350, Garret pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get ALOT of one sided signals on the site I'm hunting. Can't convince myself to dig these, I've done a few and came up empty. Most numbers are running in the 20's, except when I run over a can.

AM; Sens 80, desc 5-10, hum 0,
DESC; Sens 80, desc 5-10, tones 2+ Yes it's very chatty too. I'm still learning it. Thanks for the replies.

Zebco

Sep 11, 2012
Eastern,N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2-SE---Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T2-SE disc-15 sens-75 2+

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see one way signals if the ground balance isn't right on in my F70. Just a small change in coil height during the sweep sets it off. fwiw

OP
OP
M

mark1427

Apr 16, 2013
Southampton Co. Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wondered about that. I have used both methods of balancing and still had the one way signals. The other thing I find weird is they only ring on the left side swing. Hit the pin point and I can make a giant zigg zagg or circle. Sometimes there's a number on the vdi and other times not. I have dug some signals down to a foot and still nothing hits on the pro pointer. I guess it's part of learning the machine. Thanks for the answers.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There isn't a fence or something large metal nearby is it? I have experienced the one way swing hit, I thought it was the direction the coil was wound. Still get it if you turn around and try it from the other side?

OP
OP
M

mark1427

Apr 16, 2013
Southampton Co. Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There isn't a fence or something large metal nearby is it? I have experienced the one way swing hit, I thought it was the direction the coil was wound. Still get it if you turn around and try it from the other side?

Yep, I'll do the 90 swing then other side. I don't get it.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My theory is related to a change in mineralization like you see ground balancing. Where you're either pushing or pulling a tone in or out of the ground in only one direction while ground balancing, a one way signal tells me you're seeing a change in mineralization when you're swinging towards or away from a spot.

My detector shows the mineralization reading. When I get a one way hit, it's only the ground changing from like 60 to 57. I can dig a foot and nothing is there.

If I use the pinpointer, it thinks there is something there, but it's like 10" deep and over a large area. (I assume the detector is no longer ground balanced at this point)

I sometimes wonder if it's where a nail was that rusted away.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try to mimmick these settings on my F75. I know the broken or mixed signals to be either two targets in the hole, or a bottle cap usually. I have had some nice stuff come out of a low iron reading of 17 also. Nickles are the ring range, and the pull tabs. With the 3 tome on, it is usually easy to tell if its a good target or not. While I dig all targets at first. After my first hour I switch to good targets only. With 104 parks here in town, taking the time to grid a park would not be as productive as just hitting a new area every day. After seeing the T2 just kill it in the parks, I want one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread