T2 tones

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im still learning the t2 after several months,my biggest issue is my ears are having trouble adjusting to the tones.I noticed today that when im hunting in discrim that iron comes in as low tones but when im in all metal iron and hot rocks come in as mid tones...my question is is there a setting im not aware of that will bring that iron to low tones in all metal

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you hunting in 2+ when you use disc mode? It should be giving a grunt for iron, a mid tone and a high tone. And in all metal mode their should only be one tone for everything

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ahab...is this something I have misunderstood all these years...are all detectors single tone in all metal ?

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mean ..I knew PI detectors were single tone for everything...I didnt realize that vlf detectors were single tone in all metal...that may be from spending most of my time detecting with at pro which has no true all metal

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mean ..I knew PI detectors were single tone for everything...I didnt realize that vlf detectors were single tone in all metal...that may be from spending most of my time detecting with at pro which has no true all metal

Hey Barry the T2 is single tone in all metal. Which the downfall is that you kind of have to be a screen watcher. You do get better depth so it's kind of a trade off. I recommend using disc mode and cranking your sens way up high. 88 or higher. Put your disc on 0. This way you'll get the max depth and you'll still get the benefits of hearing a grunt for iron then your medium and high tones. You'll still be getting great depth and can differentiate the 3.

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ahab...I found the answer about tones in all metal just a little while ago while i was researching the f 70.I just bought an f 70 today and when i get use to it ,Im sending the t2 for the upgrades...been reading that everyone seems to be happy about the upgrades

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup it sounds great. I just picked up an F75 LTD and it's a beast. Super deep and with a few more bells and whistles. But the T2 is still my favorite. It did after all find my dream coin :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread