T2 Upgrade Is Back

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My T2SE is beat to hell! So I was psyched to see that the upgrade offer is back. You also can purchase the monster 15" coil for $90 with the upgrade....instead of $300. I'm curious to see how it works. I'm going to get an extra set of upper and lower stems to make it easier to switch out coils. Actually 2 sets so I can have the 5" on its own as well. Just to have my machine gone over and tested will be great. The extra features it will have and big coil is just icing on the cake

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you see much difference between the T2 SE and the F75 LTD ? Depth, time in target response or anything else ? Just curious---:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you see much difference between the T2 SE and the F75 LTD ? Depth, time in target response or anything else ? Just curious---:icon_thumleft:

They seem to perform basically the same. I actually prefer the T2 but it's likely just because I've used it more. They are truly basically the exact same as far as the technology

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They seem to perform basically the same. I actually prefer the T2 but it's likely just because I've used it more. They are truly basically the exact same as far as the technology

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't realize they brought the upgrade back, I was really bumming that I didn't take advantage of it last year. Looks like the T2 is taking a road trip!! As for as the 15" coil, I just got one rite before our freeze and it paid for it self with finding two homesites in a 400 acre field that I've been tryin to locate for awhile now. It's like having a flyin saucer on it but it covers sum serious ground in a hurry!! It's DEEP for sure but useless (imo) in iron, WAY too many signals at once.. But hell for the price you CAN'T go wrong!!! I've been wonderin why the price has come down on them but I'm NOT complaining. The rods are a big plus too.... THANX for the heads up on the upgrades!!!! HH bud!!!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't realize they brought the upgrade back, I was really bumming that I didn't take advantage of it last year. Looks like the T2 is taking a road trip!! As for as the 15" coil, I just got one rite before our freeze and it paid for it self with finding two homesites in a 400 acre field that I've been tryin to locate for awhile now. It's like having a flyin saucer on it but it covers sum serious ground in a hurry!! It's DEEP for sure but useless (imo) in iron, WAY too many signals at once.. But hell for the price you CAN'T go wrong!!! I've been wonderin why the price has come down on them but I'm NOT complaining. The rods are a big plus too.... THANX for the heads up on the upgrades!!!! HH bud!!!

Good to know that the 15" is deep. I've heard conflicting stories. Some say it's no deeper than the 11" DD which seems odd to me. Others say it is a few inches deeper which would be very exciting to me with some of the 300+ year old sites I have. Thanks for the info bud. How much deeper do you think the 15" is?

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know that the 15" is deep. I've heard conflicting stories. Some say it's no deeper than the 11" DD which seems odd to me. Others say it is a few inches deeper which would be very exciting to me with some of the 300+ year old sites I have. Thanks for the info bud. How much deeper do you think the 15" is?

A couple inches EASY and that was on a silver quarter, coppers were 3"....

roberte94066

Jul 9, 2005
san bruno california
Detector(s) used
tesoro cibola, tesoro sandshark, teknetics t2, minelab sovereign gt, whites 5000/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this party-as the owner of a T2, could someone with experience of the upgrade tell me the advantages of performing said upgrade?

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this party-as the owner of a T2, could someone with experience of the upgrade tell me the advantages of performing said upgrade?

It depends if you have the classic T2 or the newer T2 SE. The upgrade covers a few different things.
1. Digital shielding technology.
This basically makes your machine less susceptible to EMI issues. So hunting around powerlines and other electrical interference won't make your machine go as crazy.
2. Fast Audio Processing.
This is great for hunting in iron patches and trashy areas. The separation is better due to faster processing. You will be more apt to hear a good signal among the trash and iron
3. 4 Iron Tones
Instead of just hearing the normal grunt for iron you can set the machine to signal in 4 different volumes including silent I believe.
You can go on the Teknetics site and see the upgrade options. You also may want to call or email them for more specific breakdowns of what I just gave you.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a bit more info for those interested. From what I've heard the 4 FE tones is awesome. This allows you to mute out the iron grunts without changing the Sens or disc. Basically this might allow you to hear a quick high or mid tone that might have been eaten up by the iron grunt. The Fast Process is also very impressive. From what I understand it does two different things. It speeds up the processor which will separate better and it also shortens the duration of the tone. So when you go over iron and there's a cut silver right beside it its more likely to not only hit on it but also you are more likely to hear it because the iron tone will be much quicker. The only drawback is that the high tone will also be shorter but if you hear that quick beep you gotta dig anyway. Hope this isn't too confusing

roberte94066

Jul 9, 2005
san bruno california
Detector(s) used
tesoro cibola, tesoro sandshark, teknetics t2, minelab sovereign gt, whites 5000/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I own an original T2, and although this upgrade does add value, I am just wondering if it is worth $300? This thing is already like owning a stallion, nervous, but picks up the smallest of slivers of metal a foot down, and I'm kinda used to the chatter-

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I own an original T2, and although this upgrade does add value, I am just wondering if it is worth $300? This thing is already like owning a stallion, nervous, but picks up the smallest of slivers of metal a foot down, and I'm kinda used to the chatter-

I hear ya my friend. It is an amazing machine. To be quite honest I would not pay the 300 for the upgrade on the original. I would keep that baby and buy one of the new machines that's already upgraded. You can get some pretty amazing deals on them these days. That way you would have two of the best machines out there. The original and the new one. I personally believe the T2 is one of the best machines money can buy. That includes the most expensive machines. I've been told that by owners of some of those machines

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread