T2 vs. 705 vs. Cz3D

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Right when I think I've decided I read something that makes me unsure, such as very bouncy vdi on the T2.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hear the t2 is unstable and jumps around alot/ better for relics than coins

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what I've heard as well. How's is that Safari working for ya? Like it better than the Omega and At Pro?

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I've heard as well. How's is that Safari working for ya? Like it better than the Omega and At Pro?

without a doubt i absolutley love this detector cant imagine life without it now lol matter of fact i liked it so much i have two now

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
without a doubt i absolutley love this detector cant imagine life without it now lol matter of fact i liked it so much i have two now

Hahaha...that's awesome. I'd like to get one but worry about the recovery speed. Most of my spots are pretty trashy.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha...that's awesome. I'd like to get one but worry about the recovery speed. Most of my spots are pretty trashy.

ive been in some real trashy areas and havent had any problems yet.low and slow works real good for me. ive found more silver in the little time ive had it than i did with the other two combined ive dug indians 12 inches down its crazy how deep it will go

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have probably watched these already but just in case

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to get one but worry about the recovery speed.
That's a silly thing to make a determining factor. This isn't a race.
Reality is, that unless you're going to spend the money on a CTX, the more information that a machine provides you the slower you need to go.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a silly thing to make a determining factor. This isn't a race.
Reality is, that unless you're going to spend the money on a CTX, the more information that a machine provides you the slower you need to go.

Silly? I don't think so at all. I had a Minelab Quattro and it was almost unusable in trashy areas because it was nulling the entire time.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
you have probably watched these already but just in case

I only saw one where you found some wheaties. You should have posted them on Facebook too. I'll sub to you so I'll know when you upload new vids.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstriking Michigan said:
I only saw one where you found some wheaties. You should have posted them on Facebook too. I'll sub to you so I'll know when you upload new vids.

Oh yeah ever since the safari ive been getting silvers indians and jewelry

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Minelab Quattro and it was almost unusable in trashy areas because it was nulling the entire time.
Then you needed to either get a smaller coil, go even slower, turn your Sensitivity down, or a combination of the former. If you're finding good stuff what's the hurry?

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Then you needed to either get a smaller coil, go even slower, turn your Sensitivity down, or a combination of the former. If you're finding good stuff what's the hurry?

Right, or just use a detector with a better recovery speed.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are after recovery/swing speed. Then the F75 is going to be your best bet. It is fast and the DD coil is better at picking through at a quicker pace...that being said the strength of the Explorer series is among other things, stability and the ability to lock in on targets and leave no doubt..no jumping numbers(erratically), just locked in. The sacrifice(if you want to call it that) is a much slower swing speed.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been using Minelabs since 1992 and the slower pace never bothered me.......... And i have used the Sovereign in some really trashy p;aces parks and old foundations................ And never was a problem for me..... made some nice finds with that Sovereign in trashy areas.............. I guess it is just what you get use to............

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right when I think I've decided I read something that makes me unsure, such as very bouncy vdi on the T2.

The VDI bounces around when the user has an improper swing. It's deadly accurate with shoulder length swings. If you wiggle over the target, the numbers jump. I totally rely on the tones with my T2 SE and have no issues. Most that complain are just inexperienced users. It's a sensitive machine that eats up coins for lunch. I has super fast recovery. Some don't like this machine because they jack up the sensitivity and get false chatter. Super high sensitivity does not always equal super depth. Great machine for shitty soils too!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread