T2 vs T2 ltd

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't own both, but I have made some deep finds in boost mode that I would not have found without it.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the se and can honestly say the plain one would have been just as good for me and for where I hunt. I bought mine for a couple of ghost town sites that are littered with square nails. I've tried the boost mode and for me in heavy iron I really did not care for it, 2+ work like a champ. If you have spots with out a lot of junk maybe boost would be better but it all boils down to what kind of spots you have.

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want to upgrade.. Neither.... Instead, go for the minelab 705 or fisher f70 Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

Last edited:

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want to upgrade.. Neither go for the minelab 705 or fisher f70

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

I assume you meant either?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A G-2 would be far above a T-2 .
705 or a F 75 are the premier machines

In what way?

My F70 and F75LTD goes deeper than a GoldbugPro(G2) even on gold jewelry.

The T2 with boost is as deep as the F75 with boost is it not?

Of course the question is, how much is a few more inches worth in buying a T2 with boost.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to upgrade.. Neither.... Instead, go for the minelab 705 or fisher f70 Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need
Is your opinion based on use or what you have read? I own and use a t2 se and a 705, well I should say the 705 sits in the closet and I use the t2. If a detector is slower and not as deep is an upgrade that is a new one for me. The f70 I have not used but I have held one and prefer the control layout on t2 especially the trigger for pinpoint and ground balance.

Last edited:

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is your opinion based on use or what you have read? I own and use a t2 se and a 705, well I should say the 705 sits in the closet and I use the t2. If a detector the is slower and not as deep is an upgrade that is a new one for me. The f70 I have not used but I have held one and prefer the control layout on t2 especially the trigger for pinpoint and ground balance.

Agreed

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 SE is one of the premier machines out there. Ask a guy that owns a shop and is lucky enough to use every machine on the market. The F 75 and Deus I've been told are killer machines as well. The boost mode can be an asset if you hunt any deep fields that don't have lots of trash. Other than that I'm not a huge fan of it. I will say that it can clean up a very deep signal which can be very helpful as it will go a couple inches deeper which is a hell of a gain. I laugh when people say it's only a couple inches deeper. That couple inches has been the reason I've found some amazing stuff. Deep deep stuff. Soooooooo if you hunt deep clean fields then yes the boost can be an enormous help. If you want to clean up a deep faint signal then the boost will help that out too. Anyone that says the T2 SE isn't one of the best machine out there is well, you already know because you have the T2. Hope my rambling helped out. Good luck out there

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be a lot of advice on TN from people how have never even held whatever detector they are saying is better than another that they have never used either. I guess because they read it somewhere, and we all know it would not be on the internet if it was not true.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be a lot of advice on TN from people how have never even held whatever detector they are saying is better than another that they have never used either. I guess because they read it somewhere, and we all know it would not be on the internet if it was not true.
I am guilty of this DS but I did tons of research and communicated with lots of very knowledgeable people who have used all of these machines who could care less what machine I buy. The F 75 and T2 SE came up time and time again. My and others finds speak for themselves and I know the depths that I've pulled stuff out from and the finds that have came from a pile of rusty nails. I've hunted with guys with other machines that I won't mention because people get very sensitive but nothing touched the T2. I'm not saying it's the best but it's a damn good machine. But your point is well taken and I should not speak about machines that I haven't used. But as I said I've hunted beside a few and it was not close

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am guilty of this DS but I did tons of research and communicated with lots of very knowledgeable people who have used all of these machines who could care less what machine I buy. The F 75 and T2 SE came up time and time again. My and others finds speak for themselves and I know the depths that I've pulled stuff out from and the finds that have came from a pile of rusty nails. I've hunted with guys with other machines that I won't mention because people get very sensitive but nothing touched the T2. I'm not saying it's the best but it's a damn good machine. But your point is well taken and I should not speak about machines that I haven't used. But as I said I've hunted beside a few and it was not close
I was speaking toward the guy saying the 705 and f70 would be an upgrade. I agree with what you are saying. If someone is going to give advice it should come from somewhere other than because they read someones opinion. I like you have hunted with guys with very popular machines including some of the most popular detectors that do not come close to the t2. When I was researching the t2 I read a lot about how noisy and unstable it was. Also read it not as good a coin machine as many others. None of this is true if you take time to learn it. The one I find funny is that it does not save settings so its a pain. I can be swinging the t2 before 705 goes through auto ground balance and noise cancel.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my first ever detector and the sites I hunt are normally in the middle of nowhere. No emi whatsoever! It takes me 8 seconds to set it up then it's good to go for as long as I want to hunt. Oh yeah I've found 11 Large Cents and 6 King George coins. 8 or 10 indian heads and that's since September. Minus 4 months of the terrible Maine winter. Yeah it really sucks with the coins :-)
I had several metal detector dealers tell me it was top dog along with a couple others. Once you learn this thing the sky is the limit. Glad you posted! These guys obviously haven't used one or not correctly anyway. Hey honestly I hope people don't buy em. Save the deep stuff for the idiots like you and I that use them :-)

OP
OP
supertraq

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea setting up my t2 has never been an issue,like was said 8 seconds out of my day i can handle.I Can say I've owned everything from bounty hunters and weak whites xlt to my cz-20 and my t2,othet than the. wet sand on p'cola beach i grab the t2. for meteorites its my lobo superttaq.

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the se and can honestly say the plain one would have been just as good for me and for where I hunt. I bought mine for a couple of ghost town sites that are littered with square nails. I've tried the boost mode and for me in heavy iron I really did not care for it, 2+ work like a champ. If you have spots with out a lot of junk maybe boost would be better but it all boils down to what kind of spots you have.

Just a question out of curiosity…What is it about the boost mode you didn't care for in heavy iron? I almost bought one today. Just a couple more things to look into first!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a question out of curiosity…What is it about the boost mode you didn't care for in heavy iron? I almost bought one today. Just a couple more things to look into first!
I hunt a couple ghosttown sites that are littered with square nails and pieces of flat rusty crap. In boost mode it will false way to much on the flat rusty crap where in cleaner places it works fine. When I read about t2 being unstable and chatty they are probably running it too hot and that is what boost seems like to me.. Just a word of warning when I bought my t2 it took a little time to learn, or should I say like. After a couple months it became the only one I want to use.

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boost is great for cleaning up iffy signals or hunting sites where the targets are really deep. The T2 is incredible!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I read about t2 being unstable and chatty they are probably running it too hot and that is what boost seems like to me..
That seems to be the case with ALL hot detectors. People get em crank up the sens ,because more is always better and they can't stand the thought of losing ANY depth, then get a TNet account and start bad mouthing said detector.

Think I'll order a T2se tomorrow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread