mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a 16 ft boat so I can go to the swimming holes. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a air tank like they put on dredges. I figure if I got into water around 6 to 10 feet I could try and scuba dive to look for coins and jewerly. Dose anyone have any idea on if I could make one. I thought this may be cheaper then buying the whole scuba outfit....Matt

Upvote 0
Find or buy a stainless fountain beverage container.. I asked at a local restaurant and they gave me 2.. Or home brewing supply or ebay.. You'll have to remove the fittings and tap them to 1/4" to accept the airline fittings..The best things is you can open them and clean them!!!

I second what Cosmic said!! Nothing that has had oil in it!!!

Cooter

try asking some of the local fire station close to you for A OLD breathing tank or the number who keeps them up . i got a old one that works great for my T-80
it just a holding tank anyways . i think it will hold up to 125 lbs. but i think most t-80 only puts out about 40. or mine does but it works great

If you want to spend some significant time working while submerged at that shallow depth , you might want to check out a Hookah type rig. Regulator and filter are good ideas even at 10' or less. KNOW what your taking in ....don't guess.

I second the Hookah idea :thumbsup: I saw a set up on Flee-Bay for sale. :coffee2:

I do beleive he was talking about the reserve tank for a hooka system..

cosmic said:
I do beleive he was talking about the reserve tank for a hooka system..

mlayers post :
"I just bought a 16 ft boat so I can go to the swimming holes. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a air tank like they put on dredges. I figure if I got into water around 6 to 10 feet I could try and scuba dive to look for coins and jewerly. Dose anyone have any idea on if I could make one. I thought this may be cheaper then buying the whole scuba outfit....Matt"

It look'ed to me like he was talking about SCUBA diving and SCUBA equipment.But hey....I'm just going by the words that were typed.He might have meant to type Hookah instead of SCUBA but my mind reading powers seem to fade after a few hundred feet of distance.So I pretty much have to go by words after that. ;D

Mlayers , Seems you have been give'n some good advice here already ,.. anyway heres a pic of my stainless beer-keg reserve-tank .

DSC02379.jpgrs.jpg

DSC02380.jpgrs.jpg

Now , I think one of these Keene reserve tanks would be all you need , for one diver anyway .

Good Luck , Blindpig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back