68.5 KB · Views: 794

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call the police and report it.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think it is illegal to own the tactical gear but if caught wearing it, could land you in a world of trouble! Like Terry stated, it would be best to report it and especially call the authorities at Fort Leavenworth as the gear may have been used in an escape and ditched in Missouri.

Frank

Illinois Jeff

Feb 12, 2006
Hanover Park Illinois
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am ex-law enforcement......you cannot wear that but its not illegal to own it. There are collectors of law enforcement attire and patches. I am surprised because they left the badge on it. Usually those are removed & shredded before they are discarded. You could have the police patches & badge removed and then wear them. They are expensive jackets.

OP
OP
L

lostandrare

Sep 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll ask a friend who works at the fort if there were any escapes but I doubt there were. I'm not sure why they ended up in a church dumpster in kansas city but there are alot of folks around that have connections to the fort. Maybe someone was disenfranchised or something.

OP
OP
L

lostandrare

Sep 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I turned it over to a friend who works out thataway. He's gonna let me know what comes of it

OP
OP
L

lostandrare

Sep 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea it was cool. My friend laid out a few scenarios about potential security issues and a few benign scenarios that made me wish i turned it over sooner.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
They don't belong in a dumpster. Something is wrong with this. Perhaps they were stolen and then dumped...

It should be reported to the Fort- could be part of something much bigger.

With today's terroristic activities, full uniforms are valuable for someone intending to do the wrong thing.

OP
OP
L

lostandrare

Sep 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were turned over to the proper people. Its up to them whether thee is an investigation

OP
OP
L

lostandrare

Sep 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you G.I.B. With so many high profile people held at the Fort I am sure they are being watched by folks with bad intention. A uniform shirt, tactical coat, and with matching badges is an unusual find in any dumpster. Couple that in with the fact that they are department of the army and it raises questions at the very least.

At the best case of the bad scenarios someone stole a car and dumped some of the contents. At the worst case i stumbled onto a drop off point before the merchandise could be picked up. The uniform and badge might allow base access to someone who shouldnt have access at all.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya did good.

Thank you.

OP
OP
L

lostandrare

Sep 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know i did the morally right thing. But it would have been a nice winter coat. I'll just continue hoping I fouled some cloak abd dagger style plot. Se la vie

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You certainly did the right thing and you should be commended for it, especially if the reason they were in the dumpster was on the shady/illegal side of things. Hopefully they were just thrown away by an ex-employee/guard and you can get them back minus the badges and patches!

Frank

OP
OP
L

lostandrare

Sep 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No locks on that dumpster so alot of people use it. Could have been tossed by accident with garage sale leftovers or some angry ex getting rid of things that belonged to the former lover. We can write and romanticize scenarios both sinister and sad.

The thing with this uniforn and badge is the potential for a texas like incident as the right uniform coupled with a few other things can cause a world of trouble. Even the North Kansas City police are right now looking for someone who was going around impersonating an officer.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Only illegal to keep if it is considered evidence. Call the police and report, that 5.11 skin is worthless in that shape. I am sure the officer that lost his badge would like to have it back; I am sure what ever meth tard robbed that house left his prints on it anyway.

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
Maybe they quit ? maybe they retired ? maybe they got fired ? Hell WHY does it have to be illegal??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread