Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a Low Country dig with P@tch planned for Saturday but due to the Weather we decided we will go in few weeks. It only rained about 3inches instead of the 7-10 they called for so I asked this 30something year old kid if he wanted to go. He bought an AtPro a few months ago and had never been relic hunting so he jumped at the chance. I really wanted him to find somethings as I like to see people that have never found much to feel that feeling you get when you find something special. We headed out on our 3.5 hour drive and got to the site at 8am by 845 I had dug a few buttons a buckle and out pops this 1852 Servant Slave Tag. I send off a few pics to fellow relic hunters and sit back and watch Jason for a while. He's like a a kid at Christmas digging a thimble and buttons but he seemed more excited about digging a roundball than anything. I found my first Slave Tag in January and this one 8 months later and it does look like a baby compared to my first one. But the excitement is still huge.Still cleaning Tag as it's a slow process
0904161825~2.jpg 0904161836b~2.jpg
0903160853b.jpg 0903162137.jpg

Attachments

• 0904161825b.jpg
    0904161825b.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 463
Upvote 57
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You keep this up and the value of them will plummet :laughing7:
Don't want that to happen do we? I guess I should put 1 back
Congrats. Don't see many of these posted, my BANNER vote is in also.
Thanks Mike you're right these don't pop up everyday but glad this one did Saturday
Incredible! Congrats on two holy grail finds. Really a special accomplishment that only the most dedicated and determined make

Thanks man but even a Blind Squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BANNER! Thats just insane man. That is another nice tag. Congrats.
Im jealous.... At the rate youre going those things will be as common as wheat pennies in a couple years.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely FANTASTIC man :headbang: Slave tags and tree coins are "unicorn relics" for me... I'll never dig one here, but it doesn't get any better than this. I bet your friend was hooked after seeing that come out of the dirt. Now that the hurricane has muddied up DownNDirties Colonial pit, get over there and wallow around for some killer relics. Looking forward to what you guys turn up.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy that our crew has dug 3 complete, and 2 partials this year...must be something in the water. Was a privilege to hold that history yesterday, banner vote in!
Thanks Jon. Jason thanks you big time also. He was amazed that you would mark a signal for him to dig.
BANNER! Thats just insane man. That is another nice tag. Congrats.
Im jealous.... At the rate youre going those things will be as common as wheat pennies in a couple years.
Hey Bone where ya been? Remember I've tried to get you to come up and hunt. Common as pennies lol I sure don't think that will happen. I'm just hunting some crazy Watermelon Patches.
Absolutely FANTASTIC man :headbang: Slave tags and tree coins are "unicorn relics" for me... I'll never dig one here, but it doesn't get any better than this. I bet your friend was hooked after seeing that come out of the dirt. Now that the hurricane has muddied up DownNDirties Colonial pit, get over there and wallow around for some killer relics. Looking forward to what you guys turn up.
Brad I've seen your display cases I know you have 3 of EVERYTHING. You hardly have room for much more. Jason was probably more in awe of his roundball at the time. Yes I am supposed to be at Pig Pit helping Glenn right now but........
Congrats on your 2nd Slave Tag,,
A 3 1/2 hour ride was well worth it.
Always worth the ride brother. Its the times where the drive home feels like 6 hours when you don't find Anything at all and believe me I've been there too. Thx

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Super awesome find bro!!! Banner all day! Really excited for you, gives me the itch to go diggin! Congrats again on recovering such a great relic and piece of history!

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super awesome find bro!!! Banner all day! Really excited for you, gives me the itch to go diggin! Congrats again on recovering such a great relic and piece of history!

Well Darby weather will be cooling down soon and DirtStalker will find that place to hunt to return favor from the time me and Tyler stopped by the farm and you'll have RV finished up and life will be good. Need that LC hunt and cookout

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats banner

Thanks Art. As you know finding never gets old neither does helping someone new get into it. I found a General Service CW button I'm cleaning up to give to Jason.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner again wow Thanks for sharing your story and pics Great job!!!!

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner again wow Thanks for sharing your story and pics Great job!!!!

Thanks Tommy I had been in a little slump til Saturday. VMI says my find was Karma for taking a newbie relic hunting. I love to find but really enjoy watching other's pulling relics out of the dirt too.

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to trade that tag for the big jar of wheaties i have. My offer still stands.......
Let me know something before i change my mind.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to trade that tag for the big jar of wheaties i have. My offer still stands.......
Let me know something before i change my mind.

Have to see pic of your wife holding the wheaties before I decide. Could ya throw in some OD Nickels too.

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to see pic of your wife holding the wheaties before I decide. Could ya throw in some OD Nickels too.
Lol. The wife is a little young for you old man. But i could probably hook you up with g-maw.
What do you think.?? She has a nice collection of OD nicks too, she started saving them during WW2 when they first started makin em.

Just think.. Yall could knit and soak your teeth together while watchin Hee Haw Re-runs..

Attachments

• thMERUMGRI.jpg
    thMERUMGRI.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. The wife is a little young for you old man. But i could probably hook you up with g-maw.
What do you think.?? She has a nice collection of OD nicks too, she started saving them during WW2 when they first started makin em.

Just think.. Yall could knit and soak your teeth together while watchin Hee Haw Re-runs..

I just spit my Tooth across the room.
Just wait you'll be calling me PaPa.

Last edited:

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't believe this isn't on the banner yet! Awesome relic recovery bro. Don't think the title does it justice (?). Congrats again and looking forward to fall diggin season!

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't believe this isn't on the banner yet! Awesome relic recovery bro. Don't think the title does it justice (?). Congrats again and looking forward to fall diggin season!

Thanks Darby like your RV project me and DnD should be finished at Pig Pit by the time cool weather is here and we can jump into some fields and woods. I can't wait. Have been scouting some places to dig but waiting for the Zika Sqeeters to calm down.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tommy I had been in a little slump til Saturday. VMI says my find was Karma for taking a newbie relic hunting. I love to find but really enjoy watching other's pulling relics out of the dirt too.

A LITTLE slump? Tiger Woods is in a little slump, yours was much more serious. But the curse has been broken. Now get your butt down to the Swamp Pit and make up for some lost finds (I mean time).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread