Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and leave all the crap you're too damn lazy to clean up for the next guy to deal with. The tent was filled with bags of trash and just left in a spot I normally like to camp. Not last night. Too much for me to take care of so I called the Forest Service and let them know. I checked the scene for a body just in case it was an unfortunate incident, but all clear. Who knows the reason. The fire ring was an easy fix as a dumpster was 50 feet away. Even worse, not really an area frequented by out of state tourists, so probably locals. Front range rascals!

Attachments

• 6-30a.jpg
    6-30a.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 107
  • 6-30b.jpg
    6-30b.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 6-30c.jpg
    6-30c.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 103

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many:sad10::sad10::sad10:

Attachments

• single_tear.jpg
    single_tear.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 77

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to get away from the campsites the government constructs for the common citizenry. The general public sucks when it comes to responsibility and it's getting worse. They feel the government will supply everything including the cleanup. I bet they didn't spill any pot!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the plan, pb. However, where they left the tent is not a developed campground, just national forest along the William's Fork. I was so disgusted I went on up to a pay campground and spent the night. Squatters in this area will leave the area trashed with abandoned tents, bedding, trash, etc., but this was an unusual location for a squatter cause they will usually be within 5 miles of their jobs. This is too far away from the resorts where most seasonal help works. If the forest service guys aren't able to handle it, I think it would be a fine thing for me to return there, sort through the trash, see if I can find a mailing address, and ship the whole thing back to the responsible party. I did that a couple of times back in Oklahoma. I always wondered what the addressee thought.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, there are some decent people on the front range. tamrock's from over there but I wouldn't include him along with the behavior of his neighbors. What would those flatlanders think if I loaded up in the truck and went over to Colfax Ave., burned a tractor tire, threw a bunch of beer bottles around, dumped all my household trash, and then took a crap in the middle of the street? That's a bad reference, Colfax. With that behavior, I would probably be elected mayor of that street.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a disrespectful way to treat nature & others....makes me feel :sad11: and :angry7: at the same time.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll should see what our beaches look like, after the weekend. It's disgusting! I am constantly pulling broken glass and beer bottles out of the water and off the beach(not to mention a bunch of other trash).

Who was it, the Auduban guy, or the 4H guy, someone said:
"Take a break, take a rest, take a nap, take a picture, but, leave nothing but your footprints".
Something like that.......

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you RGINN and all. I actually usually carry a couple plastic bags with me along the shores and pick up after others.. who have no idea what would happen if everyone did the same as them. Very sad to see/think that people still don't understand we have only "one home"!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread