Take your pick, 80's or 90's....1880's or 1890's!!!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hello treasure hunters, here we are again. In a predicament. What shall we chose first the 80's or the 90's. The 1880's or 1890's that is. :icon_scratch: So we took a chance and dug both! :laughing7: Choosing to pick the older of the two(or so we thought) we dug the furthest from the back of the home that used to be there. It was a vacant lot that i got permission to dig. So needless to say we started out early and started probing around. It took about a minute to stab the first one and then the second was right behind it. :thumbsup:

On to the dig we went. First thing that popped out was a nice hutch bottle. Pretty common but still the right age for the area we were in. Kept on plugging away and before we knew it we were in the use layer area. As usual we located numerous bricks and shattered dreams. Several broken blob beers and mason jars. Not much to be had alive here. A broken Lindseys Blood Searcher and some other hinge mold meds that were shattered. :BangHead: Then it was on the the closer one. Figuring it was the newer of the two we thought there might be a little more that survived. It's crazy how pit diggers think. ??? We figure the older one is in the back and furthest away from the home. After several years of Use and walking in the cold winters to the far back privy, they got smart and thought lets dig one a bit closer and lets not toss in bricks in an attempt to smash all the bottles flat to save space. Hmm, seems right to me. So lets test the theory on this pit. We were rewarded. :hello2: Started out again with a nice hutch. Insitu picture this time. :icon_thumright: Then out pops more pops(hutches). A nice Root Beer Hutch and a handful of Gilberts Pain Destroyers. Even got a 1858 Mason that was not broke. Just a couple of bricks in this pit. A pile of slicks and even a necklace of beads or pearls came to light. 8-) It was loaded with all kinds of glass with numerous keepers. Yes there were a few Cryers that for sure but in the end we finished with a roll off the pile Blobber. A nice quart from Ligonier Indiana. Great strike on this Blob. :headbang: Laying right next to where the wood wall would have been and safe from all brick throwers. :tongue3: Another great day of treasure hunting came to an end but we will be back to hunt some more real soon. Be safe out there everyone and Happy Hunting. jgas

Attachments

• j1.jpg
    j1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 88
  • j2.jpg
    j2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 93
  • j3.jpg
    j3.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 86
  • j4.jpg
    j4.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 92
  • j5.jpg
    j5.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 87
  • j6.jpg
    j6.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 86
  • j7.jpg
    j7.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 79
  • j8.jpg
    j8.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 93
  • j9.jpg
    j9.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 108
  • j10.jpg
    j10.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 83
  • j11.jpg
    j11.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 94
  • j12.jpg
    j12.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 101
  • j13.jpg
    j13.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 82
  • j14.jpg
    j14.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 76
  • j15.jpg
    j15.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 84

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs !!! Really like the Arnold hutch !!! Congrats

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugggh, jealous! Absolutely beautiful finds. I love that blob. Keep the awesome finds coming!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome post jgas. Those shattered dreams seem to be the life of a bottle digger. The hutches you pulled out are fantastic. I think my favorite is that tall blob from Ligonier. What a great bottle. That neck looks so skinny on that big ole body. I'm really curious about the real or fake pearls. Those could be glass I suppose but I would definitely get them checked out. Man you guys had a great day. I'm super jealous and wish I could have been there. ...thanks so much for the photos. Great post and glad to see you got rewarded this time around.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pearl(?) bracelet? That's an even better chance they could be real. Maybe they slipped off a ladie's wrist! But then that could be another shattered dream, lol.

Last edited:

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a FYI on testing for pearls. You can rub them on your teeth, a real pearl will feel gritty whereas fake pearls will feel smooth.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas, on the pearls , I noticed at least 2 of them have what appears to be a raised band around them, glass beads? Bass , I'm still walking ,how have you been?

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw those bands also Charlie when I zoomed in. I think all of them have the bands. I've been good Charlie, busier than a cat covering up poop. We had about 2 weeks of winter in north Louisiana so I didn't get to do any bottle hunting in the past few months. The rattlers get pretty big here and they are difficult to see. So good to hear from you. I saw something on a show the other day about the Cripple Creek Mine and thought about you digging those Cripple Creek bottles.

Jgas showing off these finds really gets me to want to go digging. Just can't seem to find any time

Last edited:
OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Thanks for the replies guys. The beads are glass. I'm gonna get them cleaned up more and add a picture. Size of a wrist so I'm sure whoever lost them down the toilet was not happy. Jgas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread