Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow MM. He looks like a porter.
My first thought though, was factory owner.
Ya'll got any idea who it might be?

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This mine was opened in the late 1800's, and it was a pretty wild place back in the day, so who knows. Lots of people were killed here both above ground and below.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic MM....coz everyone knows we are all...just "material beings"! ;) heh, heh!

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Our machine shop here is haunted. We usually got washers thrown at us before I moved on to a different division within the mine. Guys would get freaked out. I just picked up the washers and threw them back one time. Never had a problem after that.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Our machine shop here is haunted. We usually got washers thrown at us before I moved on to a different division within the mine. Guys would get freaked out. I just picked up the washers and threw them back one time. Never had a problem after that.

SMUDGE that area...

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got a phone call earlier about being permanently reassigned to this area. They'll have my resignation Monday morning. Too much bad juju there.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Got a phone call earlier about being permanently reassigned to this area. They'll have my resignation Monday morning. Too much bad juju there.

Or wear a MEDICINE BAG, with ROYAL SAGE (Herb) in it... another thing you can do is cut some Royal Sage (Herb Plant) & hang it in a bunch in the area; I would hang up about 7 bunches (upside down & DO NOT burn 'em). Bad spirits will leave the area. FEAR "feeds" bad spirits...

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Or wear a MEDICINE BAG, with ROYAL SAGE (Herb) in it... another thing you can do is cut some Royal Sage (Herb Plant) & hang it in a bunch in the area; I would hang up about 7 bunches (upside down & DO NOT burn 'em). Bad spirits will leave the area. FEAR "feeds" bad spirits...

I know this for a fact! Just updated that thread on telling new owners a house is haunted. The bad one came back after Mom..... I need to look into the the Royal Sage thing....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I know this for a fact! Just updated that thread on telling new owners a house is haunted. The bad one came back after Mom..... I need to look into the the Royal Sage thing....

You might be better off just getting a Smudging Stick; light it & Smudge each room, starting with basement; going up each floor, to the uppermost floor or attic, if you have one. THAT is what I intended to do... BUT! Left 1st floor alone as Mom still lived on 1st floor; it was a mistake... as I found out, later. ANYWAY, The ORIGINAL owner of our home-place committed suicide in the attic, which we (mom & my older brother & I) "felt" was haunted with LOTS noises, COLD temperature in our bedroom, (1 floor below the attic); when my older brother's kids slept there, they were amazed that frost was on the INSIDE of the window (we had NO heat on the 2nd floor; and indeed, I felt that the bedroom was EXTREMELY cold as I was growing up, heard the noises; NEVER went up into the attic after dark). Dad bought the house CHEAP in 1938 (built in 1911), & was warned that it was haunted; HE "pooh-poohed" that info... YET! After dad died in 2004, Mom lived alone on the 1st floor and felt/heard banging UNDER the house, and thought pole-cats, etc was getting into the "crawlspace"... I checked it out for her, and it was SOLID except for one small "slot"; NO animal could have gotten through; told her so. Her "behavior" became somewhat different (she had diabetes), and finally older brother had to put her in a "home" for Elderly Adults, where she died in a near-by hospital in 2011 at 93 years of age. UPDATE: young couple who bought the house, NOT reporting anything of the "paranormal kind" (PK... LOL!) I had to confront the ORIGINAL owner of the house (SPIRIT... on the 1st Floor couch, where I slept over-night, when visiting Mom in the "Home" about 6 miles away; 2010). It was a LONG, restless night, and I can see why Mom was "different". By ALL means hang the ROYAL SAGE up; just Smudge the place, FIRST.

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mad Machinist:
After zooming in on your photo, I think the man is NOT a worker or porter. He's wearing a top hat and a vest and possibly a boutinier in the button hole of his coat's lapel. It looks like he has his thumbs hooked into a couple of low pockets in his vest. I'd think that he was one of the owners of that mine or at least a large stockholder. The collar of the shirt is a tall one with the points folded down.......the style of the turn of the 19th to 20th century and he's wearing a bowtie instead of a long tie or ascot.

Was the camera that was used, a digital camera? Not a lot of people are aware that our modern digital cameras capture light frequencies into the UV as well as the IR ranges. That is how many folks "accidentally" get shot of UFOs when they're taking photos of cloud formations or scenic shots and find out later, when downloading the shots to their computers, that there's a flying disc in the background that was invisible to the naked eye when the pic was taken. Many researchers believe that the UFOs are using some kind of technology that bends light around their ships, but our cameras can still pick up the IR emissions from the craft.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Mad Machinist:
After zooming in on your photo, I think the man is NOT a worker or porter. He's wearing a top hat and a vest and possibly a boutinier in the button hole of his coat's lapel. It looks like he has his thumbs hooked into a couple of low pockets in his vest. I'd think that he was one of the owners of that mine or at least a large stockholder. The collar of the shirt is a tall one with the points folded down.......the style of the turn of the 19th to 20th century and he's wearing a bowtie instead of a long tie or ascot.

Was the camera that was used, a digital camera? Not a lot of people are aware that our modern digital cameras capture light frequencies into the UV as well as the IR ranges. That is how many folks "accidentally" get shot of UFOs when they're taking photos of cloud formations or scenic shots and find out later, when downloading the shots to their computers, that there's a flying disc in the background that was invisible to the naked eye when the pic was taken. Many researchers believe that the UFOs are using some kind of technology that bends light around their ships, but our cameras can still pick up the IR emissions from the craft.

GREAT info, Ss!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread