tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are scenes of last Mondays bike ride, when temps may reach the upper 40s, before the big cool down coming Tuesday. These are images of the little bits of undeveloped landscape left as open space, that will never be developed. It is apparently not illegal to squat in these areas, as once I stop to see what two cops had to say to a squatter in a tent. The cops hollered "Hello is anyone in there. A voice from inside the tent said "yeah I'm in here. The cops then asked "Is everything OK?. The voice inside said "Yeah, I'm OK and then said, "is it illegal for me to stay here. The cops said no, its not illegal and we're just checking to see if you're OK and not in need of anything. The cops then went on their way after the voice inside said, "Oh cool man! I like to visit this hill to the east that evidence I've collected tells a story of the inhabitants of long ago. The hill saddles a spring feed slough that water runs throughout the year at the eastern base and two small creeks that meet are at the western side of the base. The spring feed slough begins from a hillside to the south about 6 miles away. The other two meetings creeks span in a spread where one begins from the higher foothills just east of the Rocky Mountain front range and the largest creek begins out of a canyon of the prominent tall uplifted face of the Rockies and will lead to a pass to the valley just below the continental deviding spine of the Rockies. This hill is where I'm convinced these inhabitants of long ago would gather. It is the only place I find the chips and pieces of the artifacts they've behind. I've also found evidence of the game the would process dug up by the many prairie dog mounds. I no longer investigate the hill, because once from a distance, I looked up and saw a tall figure wearing a smoky the bear hat approaching. He call me over to inform me that the area is off limits, because of some borrowing owls, which I knew about and had photographed before. He walked me over to show me the sign that says, stay on the trail, but never asked me for any identification.

Attachments

• 20221212_130051.jpg
    20221212_130051.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • 20221212_122948.jpg
    20221212_122948.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
  • 20221212_140102.jpg
    20221212_140102.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • 20221212_123649.jpg
    20221212_123649.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20170906_121149.jpg
    IMG_20170906_121149.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful country .. Great post!
It is an escape from everywhere else around, but the sounds of the freeways, congested highways and airliners from Denver International throttled up and on their way to cruising altitude so to get up and over the Rockies will still be heard in a constant low sounding howl.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice
These are scenes of last Mondays bike ride, when temps may reach the upper 40s, before the big cool down coming Tuesday. These are images of the little bits of undeveloped landscape left as open space, that will never be developed. It is apparently not illegal to squat in these areas, as once I stop to see what two cops had to say to a squatter in a tent. The cops hollered "Hello is anyone in there. A voice from inside the tent said "yeah I'm in here. The cops then asked "Is everything OK?. The voice inside said "Yeah, I'm OK and then said, "is it illegal for me to stay here. The cops said no, its not illegal and we're just checking to see if you're OK and not in need of anything. The cops then went on their way after the voice inside said, "Oh cool man! I like to visit this hill to the east that evidence I've collected tells a story of the inhabitants of long ago. The hill saddles a spring feed slough that water runs throughout the year at the eastern base and two small creeks that meet are at the western side of the base. The spring feed slough begins from a hillside to the south about 6 miles away. The other two meetings creeks span in a spread where one begins from the higher foothills just east of the Rocky Mountain front range and the largest creek begins out of a canyon of the prominent tall uplifted face of the Rockies and will lead to a pass to the valley just below the continental deviding spine of the Rockies. This hill is where I'm convinced these inhabitants of long ago would gather. It is the only place I find the chips and pieces of the artifacts they've behind. I've also found evidence of the game the would process dug up by the many prairie dog mounds. I no longer investigate the hill, because once from a distance, I looked up and saw a tall figure wearing a smoky the bear hat approaching. He call me over to inform me that the area is off limits, because of some borrowing owls, which I knew about and had photographed before. He walked me over to show me the sign that says, stay on the trail, but never asked me for any identification.
Beautiful
Great post

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice & some nice worked stone from the early inhabitants.
It's not the best sight for finds I've ever hunted, but it is a small Isolated area apart from everywhere else around where I find a concentration of microcrystalline material flakes of all kinds of different colors in what would be described as chalcedony to jasper. Not one piece was ever deposited there by any natural geologic forces. Every bit was brought in by people from miles away in larger pieces I assume and worked all around that hillside were these people imo stationed themselves. From that bluff they could travel up and down the main creek that eventually leads downstream to the North Platte River and from the bluff where three streams meet and branch out, they could follow either of those upstream to different areas to hunt and gather. The area is kind of special to me. It hasn't been completely erased of its long story. Though I don't go up on the bluff anymore it is a place of peace surrounded by the sights and sounds of our modern world. These are some photos I took when I would visit the bluff before I was run off by the open-space ranger. I would leave a totem sometimes to those who once inhabited that bluff. About the only ones who visited it now are the Hawks, Eagles, Rabbits, Prairie Dogs, Bull Snakes, Coyote and all kinds of fascinatin insects & spiders.

Attachments

• bike ride 021017 1.jpg
    bike ride 021017 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • bike ride 3 1024.jpg
    bike ride 3 1024.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
  • mano hill 4.jpg
    mano hill 4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's not the best sight for finds I've ever hunted, but it is a small Isolated area apart from everywhere else around where I find a concentration of microcrystalline material flakes of all kinds of different colors in what would be described as chalcedony to jasper. Not one piece was ever deposited there by any natural geologic forces. Every bit was brought in by people from miles away in larger pieces I assume and worked all around that hillside were these people imo stationed themselves. From that bluff they could travel up and down the main creek that eventually leads downstream to the North Platte River and from the bluff where three streams meet and branch out, they could follow either of those upstream to different areas to hunt and gather. The area is kind of special to me. It hasn't been completely erased of its long story. Though I don't go up on the bluff anymore it is a place of peace surrounded by the sights and sounds of our modern world. These are some photos I took when I would visit the bluff before I was run off by the open-space ranger. I would leave a totem sometimes to those who once inhabited that bluff. About the only ones who visited it now are the Hawks, Eagles, Rabbits, Prairie Dogs, Bull Snakes, Coyote and all kinds of fascinatin insects & spiders.
Nice to think of them gathered around making tools & making plans. Sometimes I envy those long gone people and I'm not sure all our technology has really been that beneficial..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread