xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I have posted anything. I went back to school, started a new job, and taking care of the family. Its been so long I forgot my password. :D I only got in a half of season this year and am now jonesing bad!

I am planning a winter time blues break next month and decided to hit the Florida coast. I am wondering if you guys were making the trip, where would you choose to go in Florida, and why? Also, if your two choices of detectors were an Ace 250 and an Etrac, which would you take with you for beach hunting? Thanks for any and all ideas you can send me. Take care everyone.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
I know the feeling, Jonesing I mean!

I just got back from Alabama a few days ago. Took my Etrac, but only got about an hour to go out and play.
Was never so happy to find bottle caps and shotgun shells in my life!

Me, I'd bring the Etrac. But, since it isn't me, I think you should take whatever you are happiest playing in the sand with.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Mark

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Take them both...

that way you won't be sorry!!!!

HH and enjoy the warmth if there is any!

Steve :-)

OP
OP
xmarks73

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean about being happy digging bottle caps. lol. I just want to get my swing on. I miss wondering what I could find and what better place to wonder than on a beach off an ocean :) I am really clueless for a good destination though. Back to the search. Thanks everyone.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xmarks73 said:
Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I have posted anything. I went back to school, started a new job, and taking care of the family. Its been so long I forgot my password. :D I only got in a half of season this year and am now jonesing bad!

I am planning a winter time blues break next month and decided to hit the Florida coast. I am wondering if you guys were making the trip, where would you choose to go in Florida, and why? Also, if your two choices of detectors were an Ace 250 and an Etrac, which would you take with you for beach hunting? Thanks for any and all ideas you can send me. Take care everyone.

The Michigan forum hasn't seen much activity lately so you haven't missed anything. Almost any beach that sees a concentration of activity should be decent. One thing that was a plus in my experience is FREE public parking access to the beach. Many beaches charge a fee to park near it and parking elsewhere is difficult to find and usually far from the beaches. I would bring both detectors. You could evaluate both through your vacation as to how they handle the wet sand. I like hunting near the surf in low tide to find the pocket spills but I use a PI machine. You may already know this but there seems to be a band where you find coins along the beach. I search from the dry sand towards the water and back up again. Eventially I can see a pattern develope as I move down the coast.

OP
OP
xmarks73

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ism said:
xmarks73 said:
Hello everyone,

The Michigan forum hasn't seen much activity lately so you haven't missed anything. Almost any beach that sees a concentration of activity should be decent. One thing that was a plus in my experience is FREE public parking access to the beach. Many beaches charge a fee to park near it and parking elsewhere is difficult to find and usually far from the beaches. I would bring both detectors. You could evaluate both through your vacation as to how they handle the wet sand. I like hunting near the surf in low tide to find the pocket spills but I use a PI machine. You may already know this but there seems to be a band where you find coins along the beach. I search from the dry sand towards the water and back up again. Eventially I can see a pattern develope as I move down the coast.

Hi ISM,

Thanks for the pointers on the beach situation. I think I will bring both detectors but use them different days. That way I dont have to keep an eye on the other one when I am not using it. Cant wait to get there. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions