May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shaun7 is visiting tomorrow for a guest hunt. He hasn't been out for over half a year. I didn't want to raid my best option & I wanted to take a punt elsewhere, just incase it was a better option for us. I wanted us to have the best chance tomorrow.
It was another failed crop field & I decided to go deep into the field following the small areas that hadn't grown. Little did I know that this random path would take me over an object that I always hoped to find but thought I wouldn't. SS once gave me a tanged version to fill the gap but the type I found today is 1000 years earlier.:o
It was less than 10 minutes into my search & I had a Neolithic Arrowhead in my hands. At that point, no pun intended, I knew I could blank from now on! (one of the oldest UK manmade finds possible)
Early Neolithic Lanceolate/sub-triangular flint arrowhead - Circa 4000-3000BC:headbang:

6 scrappies (not pictured)
Near Blank 17th C Halfpenny Token
4 Lead Tokens
Royal Artillery Capbadge
Tudor Corner Book Mount
Bits...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,104
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 1,039
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 1,036
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 1,077
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 3,517
Last edited:
Upvote 54

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
nice finds, is that a pipe tamper next to the spoon ? the arrowhead is out of this world. I make a motion we call the banner area crusaderville.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What appears to be the base looks like it may have been the tip. A picture of the base will solve that. A very nice Neolithic knife though. Great find!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds, is that a pipe tamper next to the spoon ? the arrowhead is out of this world. I make a motion we call the banner area crusaderville.

No, its the strangest clothes hook I have seen.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice thank you for sharing.love it

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Crusader, your metal coin and relic finds are awesome enough, I'm not sure us Yanks could stand you kicking our butts with the flint projectiles also. Try not to make a habit of this. Spectacular find man ! Congrats!!!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome point.
Been awhile since I got one

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
Great find my good man! Bet your Dad is proud too! I'm a 'point' novice so forgive me for asking, have we seen both sides of the point in your photos (besides the side shot)? It appears to me based on the shape of the base in your photos that we haven't seen the other side? Kick me if I'm wrong. Awesome history-transforming find! Banner!

pug

May 14, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
always enjoy checking out your finds got a lot of history around you and it looks like you are turning up even more. Great job and congratulations on the point. I don't know a whole lot about that stuff but I do know that history is awesome. Good work HH.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Cru beautiful condition very fine detail :icon_thumleft: i bet it is not often stone arrow points are found by your way as far as i know ? the ones here we find can go back many thousands of years . Congrats Jim

Last edited:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing discovery Cru, I don't know how I missed this post untill now but let me say that these are the sort of finds that make hobby medal detectorists so valuable to archaeology. I only wish that more Archaeolists would recognize this fact and begin to work with us rather then against us.
Well thats my rant for today, again let me congratulate you on a truly wonderful find and on once again making the Banner.
ZDD

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Big congrats on the Banner yet again! Much deserved, beautiful specimen!

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I'm late to the game for my banner vote. Congrats!! AMAZING FIND!!!

Will this wind up in a museum? Would like to hear that end of the story as well.

Well done!

Digs68

Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great point! I'm a big fan of artifact collecting, so really appreciate the workmanship & material of the piece. Awesome find!!
Congrats!

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT find crusader- walking in the footsteps of the ancients, how cool. You should feel privileged to hold another mans master craftsmanship. HH yelnif

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS ON NEW BANNER!!:occasion14: I'll bet its so sharp you could go hunting with it right now!!!=ED

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread