Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

Hope you've been able to get out here and there these last few weeks..the weather here has been on-off since December. It'll get freezing cold, then it warms up, then it snows, then it melts, then it rains like crazy. It's close to 50 degrees here in Missouri today after our 9-inch snow last week followed by 2.5 inches of rain. Weird. They said the bitter cold is coming later tonight so I thought I'd get out while the gettin' was good.

I hit a private yard and a couple of schools and managed to find a watch, 3 rings (one is 925 silver with a dragon on it), 10 wheat pennies (oldest 1931), clad, a huge live bullet and a few really corroded Missouri tax tokens.

RING2-2.jpg

RING7.jpg

RING4-2.jpg

RING6.jpg

RING3-1.jpg

RING.jpg

Hope you're all having a great weekend..

Nat

Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great finds Natman wow, way to take advantage of the break in the weather.
Glenn

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nat,
Glad to see you made it out. Now if you could just drag that Nick characters butt out of the house to go MD. He keeps telling me it's too cold there in your state, but I'm not buying it. ;) ;D
I see you're off to a good start on the rings this year already.
Congrats to you,
MM

Master Sarge

Feb 23, 2007
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3 / 6x10" DD & 10" DD Coils / Bullseye II Probe
Nice finds Natman! How old do you think that tax token is?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super hunt, Nat! 8) Looks like maybe two of those wheats where in the same hole? 8)

Love the ring and of course the tax token! ;) Congrats!!!

Nana :)

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Hey Natman you are so right about the weather. I live in north central Mo. and went out today. I got home at 5:30 and the temp had dropped about 20 degrees. Nice bunch of "stuff" you had today. I just posted my finds a couple of minutes ago. Maybe we need to do some kind of dance to get the weather to stay warmer longer.

"May there always be a road"

Les

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Glenn and Nick!

ModernMiner said:
Nat,
Glad to see you made it out. Now if you could just drag that Nick characters butt out of the house to go MD. He keeps telling me it's too cold there in your state, but I'm not buying it. ;) ;D
I see you're off to a good start on the rings this year already.
Congrats to you,
MM

Hey you're gonna have to leave me out of that one MM :D Actually it depends on what day you're talking about (there has been lots of good days to hunt since last month, but some days in between aren't even fit to have your dog out!!)

Master Sarge said:
Nice finds Natman! How old do you think that tax token is?

The tax token is from the 30's...that zinc just doesn't hold up in the ground, I'm surprised I could even read the ones I found.

Nana40 said:
Super hunt, Nat! 8) Looks like maybe two of those wheats where in the same hole? 8)

Love the ring and of course the tax token! ;) Congrats!!!

Nana :)

Very observant Nana! 7 of them were in the same hole..you can easily see the "rings" where one lay on top of the other.

diggerfororo said:
Hey Natman you are so right about the weather. I live in north central Mo. and went out today. I got home at 5:30 and the temp had dropped about 20 degrees. Nice bunch of "stuff" you had today. I just posted my finds a couple of minutes ago. Maybe we need to do some kind of dance to get the weather to stay warmer longer.

I had a great morning and the weather was great..even the ground was great to dig, very soft (but a bit muddy). The front is coming through as I type and it's windy..tomorrow's high won't get out of the 20's and ice/snow is scheduled for Monday-Tuesday. Weird.

HH,
Nat

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Natman. At least you are getting out a little. I've been able to get out only 4 times since the first of the year, and I've just about given it up, as I can't get thru the frozen ground. Glad to see someone is getting it done. WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions