& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seen a fellow yesterday coming off of BLM land towing a 16 foot trailer with
about 70 +/- buckets of dirt loaded on it. Guess he was taking it home in
order to work it at his leasure, in the shade. Weather he returns it or fills
holes on his property with it, I don't care; there's enough dirt/sand in the
desert for a million years to come. BUT, if a ranger stops you, tell them tou
always return it. Their rule reads that you may remove cons. only, not raw dirt.
Guess that over the years, I took home at least a ton of dirt in my shoes. LOL8-)

Upvote 0

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are going to take that much home with you, why bother with the buckets? Dump em out, and put a tarp down first. That is a hell of a lot of dirt, BTW.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes.... that's a lot of buckets not needed. Just dump into the trailer. TTC

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So cons only? Is dirt passed through a 1/4 inch screen considered cons?

Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't worry much about a BLM ranger here in Nevada, depending where you are located. In all the time I've been out in Lyon County, I've see only one and that was years ago.

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i bring dirt home from a dig and i put it to good use after i work it in my sluice! i use it to fill the dog holes in my backyard!!but a trailer full is a little extreme and gives other prospectors a bad rep!but thats just my opinion!

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
if you have a truck plug the holes and put a tarp down in the back

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Could be he took 40 or 50 samples home to determine where to work when he returns, which would justify the buckets and not lumping into one big pile in the back of a pick-up. Just a thought.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
well we just got back from a weeks vacation in the San Diego area and every place I used to prospect was drier than a popcorn f**t when it comes to water. I didn't have any choice but to haul some classified materials back to the house for processing and I don't have any way to return the tailings to fill my holes back in. So... Should I just forget about filling in the holes in this case or mail the tailings to the Park Rangers along with the GPS cords so they can fill the holes in for me? (I'm for mailing them as I'd love to see some actual good come from my taxes!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Could be he took 40 or 50 samples home to determine where to work when he returns, which would justify the buckets and not lumping into one big pile in the back of a pick-up. Just a thought.

That makes some sense.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well we just got back from a weeks vacation in the San Diego area and every place I used to prospect was drier than a popcorn f**t when it comes to water. I didn't have any choice but to haul some classified materials back to the house for processing and I don't have any way to return the tailings to fill my holes back in. So... Should I just forget about filling in the holes in this case or mail the tailings to the Park Rangers along with the GPS cords so they can fill the holes in for me? (I'm for mailing them as I'd love to see some actual good come from my taxes!

Big brother is watching, you better drive back out there.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions