NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went hunting on 4th - got in and out no problems
few days later run to early morning fresh water spot and get in - turn machine on - dead
not a good sign because even if batteries are dead - it will usually make a quick sound (and I had just changed them
and don't think it was on when I went in)- I got silence from it
drive home - pop open - saltwater - batteries exploded - don't know if it can be saved
luckily - I have 2 back ups - go over them and check batteries cause I had few day trip planned
machine #1 is my "hot" machine and goes deeper than other 2 - they are all CZ21s but each one
works different and sound different than the other - don't know why
Go out on Sun. and get a quick gold band with back up #2 - heading back in for a break - ironically - lower rod breaks
plastic got thin and weak where push buttons are on rod and cracked thru -
luckily I still have #3 - I head back out and within a half hour - bracket that box attatches to upper rod - cracks
ended the day - now have too cannibalize them to get one working one - and have to send #1 back
Felix at Fisher saved it once before - hopefully he can do his magic again

Upvote 0

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same problem where the plastic got thin and broke my lower rod on my excal. just drilled a hole lower in the thicker plastic and popped in the metal button piece and viola, good as new but maybe two inches shorter. Could that work for you?

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I was going diving - I could use shortened - standing - I wish it was longer as it is
I may have extra lower rod (I usually have back ups for everything I own) buried at home
- the one with box bracket - just took of handle and can use chest mount
#1 machine will have to be sent in

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went hunting on 4th - got in and out no problems
few days later run to early morning fresh water spot and get in - turn machine on - dead
not a good sign because even if batteries are dead - it will usually make a quick sound (and I had just changed them
and don't think it was on when I went in)- I got silence from it
drive home - pop open - saltwater - batteries exploded - don't know if it can be saved
luckily - I have 2 back ups - go over them and check batteries cause I had few day trip planned
machine #1 is my "hot" machine and goes deeper than other 2 - they are all CZ21s but each one
works different and sound different than the other - don't know why
Go out on Sun. and get a quick gold band with back up #2 - heading back in for a break - ironically - lower rod breaks
plastic got thin and weak where push buttons are on rod and cracked thru -
luckily I still have #3 - I head back out and within a half hour - bracket that box attatches to upper rod - cracks
ended the day - now have too cannibalize them to get one working one - and have to send #1 back
Felix at Fisher saved it once before - hopefully he can do his magic again

What type of bracket are you using to mount to the shaft? Is it the one I sent you? If so I can send a replacement.

Last edited:

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't that detector drink some saltwater before? You got me in touch with Felix in the past and he really fixed me up good. I have two CZ21's and my oldest one is hotter by far than the newest one. Good luck, but I'm sure if anything can be done Felix can make it happen.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - rum go mate... That's a tough stretch; hope you can get back at it quickly with repairs!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread