Talk About Your Club!

DirtfisherGabe

Nov 28, 2008
Knoxville , TN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Spectrum XLT
I'll Start:
My name is Gabe, and I am 16 years old and the current Club President of:
SMARTS - Smokey Mtn. Artifacts Research and Treasure Society.

We meet in Knoxville, Tennessee at a buffet called The Great American Steakhouse and Buffet. Each meeting is on the 2nd Monday of every month, at 6 P.M. if you want to eat, and the meeting will officially start at 7 P.M.

We have anywhere from 25-40 people per meeting. There is quite a bit a diversity, too. Some guys hunt for CW relics, others Dredge for gold, some coinshoot, some are into point hunting (arrowheads) and the list goes on.

The membership fee for a single individual is $20; family is $25

We have what is called the "finds of the month". This is where our members can enter their finds ,that they have recovered since the last meeting, for a chance to win $5 if their item is chosen as the best all around by 3 chosen judges. We have several categories such as: Coins, Relic, Civil War, Tokens, This and That ( which is for any sort of treasure that doesnt fit in a basic category. It is nonpaying.) and 1 or 2 others.

We also hold raffles for coins, books, and anything that is donated also. We charge $1 per ticket.

The club has two hunts per year. They are both seeded hunts. The spring hunt, which is members only, is the bigger one. The fall hunt is open to everyone, so it isn't as big as far as prizes and what not.

We have members who drive from from a few hours away, on a relatively regular basis.

Overall, it is a GREAT club.

Thanks for looking,
Gabe

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Gabe , It sounds like you have a nice club there.......... But myself i don't join clubs.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job Gabe. You are doing a great job as our club president.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DirtfisherGabe said:
I'll Start:
My name is Gabe, and I am 16 years old and the current Club President of:
SMARTS - Smokey Mtn. Artifacts Research and Treasure Society.

We meet in Knoxville, Tennessee at a buffet called The Great American Steakhouse and Buffet. Each meeting is on the 2nd Monday of every month, at 6 P.M. if you want to eat, and the meeting will officially start at 7 P.M.

We have anywhere from 25-40 people per meeting. There is quite a bit a diversity, too. Some guys hunt for CW relics, others Dredge for gold, some coinshoot, some are into point hunting (arrowheads) and the list goes on.

The membership fee for a single individual is $20; family is $25

We have what is called the "finds of the month". This is where our members can enter their finds ,that they have recovered since the last meeting, for a chance to win $5 if their item is chosen as the best all around by 3 chosen judges. We have several categories such as: Coins, Relic, Civil War, Tokens, This and That ( which is for any sort of treasure that doesnt fit in a basic category. It is nonpaying.) and 1 or 2 others.

We also hold raffles for coins, books, and anything that is donated also. We charge $1 per ticket.

The club has two hunts per year. They are both seeded hunts. The spring hunt, which is members only, is the bigger one. The fall hunt is open to everyone, so it isn't as big as far as prizes and what not.

We have members who drive from from a few hours away, on a relatively regular basis.

Overall, it is a GREAT club.

Thanks for looking,
Gabe
I Agree Gabe.
Thank you for representing us. You are a very good role model for others your age.
And some adults too!

Keep up the great work,
Your friends,

Mike, Maggie and Sammie

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
Keppy said:
But myself i don't join clubs.

Hmmmm.... I guess, You can scratch this negative Nelly off your list of potential members.... :tongue3:

Nice going Gabe - being the president of any club requires a lot of work.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Shambler said:
Keppy said:
But myself i don't join clubs.

Hmmmm.... I guess, You can scratch this negative Nelly off your list of potential members.... :tongue3:

Nice going Gabe - being the president of any club requires a lot of work.
Shambler.............I said he has a nice club and he does a lot of work i think it's great for him..........but i don't join clubs........ Is that a sin do you have a problem with me not wanting to join clubs ...... You want to join clubs go ahead i don't care ......... I don't join them don't like them .......To much ......... Dam politics ... and Favoritism ... In them i have seen to many of them........ I know "yours is different"

Attachments

72 KB · Views: 166
  • !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 159
    72 KB · Views: 166
  • !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 157

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_pirat: :laughing9: I wouldn't want to be in any club that would have someone like me as a member! :laughing9:

Seriously, I was in a club many years ago and it was fun then. Now I travel to much and don't have time for them. living aboard and traveling is better than living land locked. Just my preference. I'm sure there are many others who would love being in a club. Land dwellers scare me! :laughing9:

Maybe I'll start a club and we can meet aboard my boat once a month. Just think, next month the meeting will be in North Fort Myers, the next month it may be in the 10,000 islands or out on the flats or even in the Keys. Nah, I guess that wouldn't work. Never mind, I'll keep my club of two. The wife and myself. Once in a while we may have a get together with a few friends and do some diving, snorkeling or fishing as we detect the shorelines and beaches. See you out there somewhere. :laughing9:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was in a metal detector club once but their big thing was the club hunts. I don't like planted hunts. To me they are a waste of time and battery power. I am a life member of GPAA. The reason being I get a telephone size book of gold claims I can work, most for free and keep all I find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread