Talked to a friend who works for Loomis.

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I found out some things. Loomis knows whenever there's a CRHer because of the spike in Half Dollar orders to a bunch of banks in one town or area. My friend says it actually happens pretty often here. Loomis also has essentially unlimited Half Dollars since they can get them from the Federal Reserve if they ever ran out. I recently found out that Brinks(at least in Utah) pulls a dirty trick on CRHers by moving all the dumps to the front of the hopper so they get sent out first. I asked him if Loomis does a similar thing. From what I heard, they will do a similar thing if a bunch of boxes were ordered at one bank and then sent in from the same bank rolled up. But if you do what I do and only order 2 boxes per bank, and drop them all off at a different bank, you should be safe from the dirty trick. I also asked him if I'm on any kind of watchlist up there, and he said no. From what he said it sounds like they don't specifically know that Matthew Leblanc in Orem, Utah is ordering a lot of Half Dollars throughout Utah County.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow interesting, have 4 boxes of halves coming next week, the tellers now said i can only order 2 though. bad for quanity, but may be better for quality.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand why they would care about CRH's, although I can completely understand if they do this, because I dont get any silver halves from B of A boxes in AZ.

Is it because it cost them money to order from the Fed? I wonder

Bentfork

Jan 4, 2010
Oklahoma
Why would Loomis or Brinks have your name on some supposed watch list? Unless the bank is giving it to them - and that is asinine to assume they would. It's the bank's responsibility to collect names and watch transactions for possible unlawful activity. Not Brinks or Loomis. Brinks and Loomis shouldn't care if 10 gazillion dollars is ordered by bank XYZ. They just pick up, process, and deliver.

HH

Bentfork

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
mleblanc138 said:
And I found out some things. Loomis knows whenever there's a CRHer because of the spike in Half Dollar orders to a bunch of banks in one town or area. My friend says it actually happens pretty often here. Loomis also has essentially unlimited Half Dollars since they can get them from the Federal Reserve if they ever ran out. I recently found out that Brinks(at least in Utah) pulls a dirty trick on CRHers by moving all the dumps to the front of the hopper so they get sent out first. I asked him if Loomis does a similar thing. From what I heard, they will do a similar thing if a bunch of boxes were ordered at one bank and then sent in from the same bank rolled up. But if you do what I do and only order 2 boxes per bank, and drop them all off at a different bank, you should be safe from the dirty trick. I also asked him if I'm on any kind of watchlist up there, and he said no. From what he said it sounds like they don't specifically know that Matthew Leblanc in Orem, Utah is ordering a lot of Half Dollars throughout Utah County.

Thats very interesting you say that, I posted a thread or two last week or the week before saying the exact same thing. My buddy who works for Wells Fargo told me that after talking to one of the brinks guys, so it sounds like it is the truth, interesting. Time to get creative.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can confirm the Brinks sending back dumps. Some guy must bring in rolled coins with a red line on each roll to my branch, because when I pick up my sealed box I have all marked rolls 3 out of 4 last weeks. I am hoping since I dump at a different bank that I will eventually clear this out.

OP
OP
mleblanc138

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheRockDoc said:
mleblanc138 said:
I recently found out that Brinks(at least in Utah) pulls a dirty trick on CRHers by moving all the dumps to the front of the hopper so they get sent out first.

Thats very interesting you say that, I posted a thread or two last week or the week before saying the exact same thing. My buddy who works for Wells Fargo told me that after talking to one of the brinks guys, so it sounds like it is the truth, interesting. Time to get creative.

And that's exactly how I found out about it. I'm going to take the word of your WF bank buddy, and hope that Loomis randomizes the coins a bit more.

BullionBaron

Feb 17, 2011
Gilmore Happy said:
I don't understand why they would care about CRH's, although I can completely understand if they do this, because I dont get any silver halves from B of A boxes in AZ.

I dump at BofA out here on the left coast...........just sayin. :hello:

BullionBaron

Feb 17, 2011
palidin20603 said:
I can confirm the Brinks sending back dumps. Some guy must bring in rolled coins with a red line on each roll to my branch, because when I pick up my sealed box I have all marked rolls 3 out of 4 last weeks. I am hoping since I dump at a different bank that I will eventually clear this out.

If that is the case, one can infer that brinks does not count customer wrapped rolls???? Or, if they do count them, they then re-wrap them in the original customer roll?

Hmmmm anyone got any lead I can borrow? :laughing7:

OP
OP
mleblanc138

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BullionBaron said:
palidin20603 said:

If that is the case, one can infer that brinks does not count customer wrapped rolls???? Or, if they do count them, they then re-wrap them in the original customer roll?

Hmmmm anyone got any lead I can borrow? :laughing7:

I picked up a 2 box Brinks order at a local CU once and one of the boxes had WF written on it. When I opened it,I saw 50 paper customer rolls, and as I figured, it was a skunk box.

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cards-n-coins does well with Brink's halves, they must not pull the sneaky trick in NYC.

OP
OP
mleblanc138

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
legend76 said:
Cards-n-coins does well with Brink's halves, they must not pull the sneaky trick in NYC.

Or maybe he does a lot of Brinks volume and dumps at a non Brinks bank, thereby getting around the sneaky trick.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mleblanc138 said:
legend76 said:

Or maybe he does a lot of Brinks volume and dumps at a non Brinks bank, thereby getting around the sneaky trick.

I do, and I do, so hopefully I do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread