Talkin Smack...

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talkin' Smack...

When you get in a confrontational situation and you have to think quick on your feet, "Oh My, just what will happen next," do you take the "upper hand" by being aggresive and talkin' smack? Or shrink?

Describe a situation and what you would say.
What would you hope that the results would be? Blood spilled?

Example:
You are metal detecting at a new site that you've recieved permission to search from the owner of the property. A nosy neighbor comes along acting big.

Do you say:
A) "Break yo' self fool...it's about to be gettin' real up in here..."
B) "I have permission from the owner."
C) "I have shiny objects for sale. Cheap!"

I dunno, I'm just curious about what the current prevailing confrontations and responses would include.... :dontknow:

My Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Talkin' Smack...

Spartacus? :icon_scratch:

Best,
Scott

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:laughing9:

talk smack---heck no, just smack! hit 'em, empty their pockets and run like the wind

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

True story and not meant to be bigoted.
Got transferred to a high school in NYC. I lived on W136th St. and there was an almost all-white school on 110th St. I got "bussed" to a school that was nearly all black, except for 3 white kids and a handful of Puerto Ricans way down on W66th St. It was the middle of the school year and I was ushered into my already-in-progress biology class. All black including the instructor but there was a Puerto Rican girl sitting in the back. After introducing myself as requested I sat down and the instructor turned to the blackboard. All of a sudden I got this hard poke in my side. I turned to see who did it and there were 4 or 5 guys staring at me with unfriendly expressions on their faces. One of them whispered to me, "I bet you call us "Insert N word here" too don't you?" I paused, looked into their faces and I figured my response to this question is going to last me the rest of the school year. I whispered back, "Doesn't everyone?" and they all burst into laughter. I never had one more problem at that school and I'm thankful for the experience.

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It really depends i would probably start nice and if it persisted, I would probably put the boot to him.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

if the neighbor did come up 'acting big' usually the first sentence, Owner gave me permission, usually would diffuse the situation fast and then the neighbor usually becomes super friendly.

I rode my horse down what I thought 'were my trails on my farm'. Lady walking her dog. She puffed up, looked up at me in the saddle and said, 'do you have permission to be riding on my land?' huh, what, I wanted to just run the horse over this fatso little lady... :laughing9:---I said this is my land isn't it (laughing). She de-puffed, we chatted about neighbors and I then got permission to cross over property lines. she ended up being a nice person :)
first reaction was to boot her in the azz tho

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Before I could have fully chimed in, I'd need to know the layout of the land... But without this knowledge, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Nosy neighbor - Just what do you think you're doing there?

Me- I have permission and if you don't believe me let's go talk to the owner. He's decomposing over here :headbang:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would simply tell the neighbor..

Your on a need to know basis. When you need to know, I'll tell yuh!!! :laughing9:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

If the nosy neighbor wants to chat it up with you about what your sorry ass is doing on his neighbor's land, don't talk smack, whatever you do. Just think about how cool it is to have a neighbor that watches out for you. The air will clear, just tell the truth. If smack comes around, nothing good comes around.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

You can tell them anything you want. Only when a cop comes out do you need to give your side of the story. I'll give you an example. You can be just downright not allowed to be somewhere, and it'll probably take a cop anywhere from 15 mintues to an hour to get there. If the cop asks you to leave... you leave. He won't just show up and arrest you on the spot. He will ask you to leave first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread