Tampa Bay, Fl sites

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Ft. Desoto is not off limits on the beach. BUT you must go to the ranger station and fill out a detector pass. Also ask the ranger there for an update on areas that may be restricted.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, KC already covered the same info I was going to say...

But any of the beaches here in the area are good to hunt on for beginners! St Pete Beach is really enjoyable, just because it's beautiful and there's always alot of people visiting and dropping things. Do keep in mind, you'll also have to pay around 10 bucks for an all day parking permit. If you happen to have a handicap parking permit, bring it with you to park for free!!

You'll find some free Beach Access places along Treasure Island beach, which are usually just little dirt lots that have signs with info about the beach and wildlife. Otherwise, most parking places are metered... except Fort deSoto, which has free parking. There's one 50 cent toll before you get out there, and another 35 cent toll once you get to Fort deSoto itself. Definitely better than paying for parking at other beaches...

You'll need some kind of sand scoop for the sand, unless you use my method of just pushing the sand away with your foot. :laughing7:

Let me know if you have any other questions about the area. :)

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions