Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize that the depth reading is based on a coin size object but it seems to me that with the technology of today that the reading should be accurate on all objects.
Because I mostly relic hunt, I pay little attention to the reading and have gotten pretty good at judging size and depth by tone and volume.
I'm no techy and just wanted your thoughts. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe the new machines coming out are getting there. But I believe depth,soil conditions,position the target is laying (on its side or flat) are all factors. I'm sure there are the dream machine out there. Maybe in military hands or wherever but the public cost would be huge. Better luck.:occasion14:

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relic nut, I agree... I just got my CTX in dec, and only have about 30 hrs on it.... but, it seems like all my targets are deeper that the CTX indicates ...??? Pin pointing is great and I will love the machine, built to last.... almost 2 lbs heavier that my Fisher F75.... arms getting stronger LOL

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relic nut, I agree... I just got my CTX in dec, and only have about 30 hrs on it.... but, it seems like all my targets are deeper that the CTX indicates ...??? Pin pointing is great and I will love the machine, built to last.... almost 2 lbs heavier that my Fisher F75.... arms getting stronger LOL
Hey Basssmann, If you are having any problem with the balance, try moving the shaft in our out until you find your sweet spot.
I've had mine 16 months and love it.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I think your better off doing as you do, being the best you can be with that machine. Like posted above so many factors from place to place can affect the readings And you yourself have adjusted to them. With the excalibur it is all audio, I've learned to use PP/Almetal and tell the depth, size and shape of a target. But there is a fine line between fragments a few inch's deep.............. to deep coins or rings. Which I have learned to kick the sand a few times to see if the target moves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread