target id#s for any of the 7.8khz teknetics

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They normally have a table in the manual.

OP
OP
S

skeeter86

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey loco I have a manual I was looking for a little more in the way for differences between sand and dirt and if any one had more time with the delta to give a list of target id for specific target Thank you for the reply

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well sand as in salt water beach sand or other high mineral sand ?---if so know that your most likely going to have to adjust your sen /power level downward a bit so that the machine will not pick up the background minerals in the saltwater beach / highly mineralized sand area --it will read as a wall of metal and freak the machine out (just drop it slowly until the machine becomes "stable")-- I live in florida so I know about this issue it can also be a problem in areas with lots of minerals in the soil as well ) -- what exactly are you after --and what mineral conditions is the soil? I have used my delta 4000 for quite some time and its number IDing for the most part is solid as per the chart

many folks in a vain attempt to gain "extra depth" run way to much power , the ground can only accept as much signal as the mineral level will allow it to --- much like rain water --once the ground is as "full" as it can stand ---the excess rain water just pools on the surface ..the same with signal --the ground can only "take" so much --the rest is just causes feedback hurting rather than helping.. the term "ground balanced" means your outputting all the signal the ground can take in but no more than that...

Last edited:

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As my Eurotech ground balances the descrimination numbers sometimes change. I dont look at this as a negative as I am still finding my targets. I believe the factory is imputing imfo in the software they are not stateing in their manuel. Where I detect there are always lots of bullet shells,once I get a read on those I dont dig those numbers.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As my Eurotech ground balances the descrimination numbers sometimes change. I dont look at this as a negative as I am still finding my targets. I believe the factory is imputing imfo in the software they are not stateing in their manuel. Where I detect there are always lots of bullet shells,once I get a read on those I dont dig those numbers.

The EuroTek ground balances? That is new to me because the ETP uses a fixed ground balance. It is not adjustable or automatic.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is ground balanceing, and thats fine with me.

Congrats, I guess Teknetics made you a special machine! You got the one & only ETP that DOESN'T have fixed ground balance. Does the manual tell you how to ground balance your ETP? If it is an option, the owners manual should tell you how it is done. Do you mean it works fine in your ground? That is not considered ground balancing.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, I guess Teknetics made you a special machine! You got the one & only ETP that DOESN'T have fixed ground balance. Does the manual tell you how to ground balance your ETP? If it is an option, the owners manual should tell you how it is done. Do you mean it works fine in your ground? That is not considered ground balancing.

Mr. Atomic, what I mean now is if you have any issues with the operation of my Eurotech plain jane model,please feel free to call up 1st Texas Products,El Paso Texas, and discuss those problems with their engineers...Vio-Condios

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mr. Atomic, what I mean now is if you have any issues with the operation of my Eurotech plain jane model,please feel free to call up 1st Texas Products,El Paso Texas, and discuss those problems with their engineers...Vio-Condios

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My X-Terra has "adjustable ground balance" that allows me to adjust my detector to cancel or negate the minerals in the ground & I adjust it at each site. My F2 is like the Eurotek, being it has a FIXED ground balance that was preset at First Texas, you can call them yourself & verify if you like. I just wonder what you meant by saying 'it ground balances fine'. Since the Eurotek has NO ADJUSTABLE ground balance, according to the Teknetics Eurotek users manual, and specifications from First Texas. No need to get upset, just trying to educate a fellow detectorist to understand his machine. Vaya Con Dios (walk with God)

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

skeeter86

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ivan I have always had the machine seem to turn the ground when wet or at the beach behave as if every pass when pin pointing seem to make the target just grow bigger and bigger! Your commet makes sence.Thanks again scott on the shores or lake erie.

OP
OP
S

skeeter86

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atomic scott good name scott here too Iknow this is a teknetics site but I see you have a copadre just wondering if It's as hot on gold jewelry as I've heard . scott on the shores of lake erie.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atomic scott good name scott here too Iknow this is a teknetics site but I see you have a copadre just wondering if It's as hot on gold jewelry as I've heard . scott on the shores of lake erie.

No longer have the Comp, but it was very sensitive to small gold. I had some coarse flakes in a vial (foil seal removed) that weighed about 1 grain or less, the Compadre would hit on it at a bit less than 1". I have found lead shot in mineralized ground near gold mines, weighing 1 grain, and bb's as well. Mine was the 5.75 version. For modern jewelry at parks/schools, etc...where you would not be too worried about depth, I doubt you would really need anything else than a Compadre. Found a small silver earring while I had mine, but no gold. Great machine for the $, I got a Vaquero based on my positive experience with the Compadre. Unfortunately, the Vaquero was a big disappointment

beano52

Mar 21, 2015
STL MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000 Eurotek Pro Tesoro Vaquero Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll give you a 99% positive vid number. If it gives you a "solid" 84, it is a clad dime.

56-57 Nickel
77-79 Penny
82-85 Dime
88-92 Quarter

Last edited:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
add to what beano said to answer your question, I notice any difference in target IDs based on soil type / location.
I'm speaking specifically Omega but same freq. and is one of the better machines as far as accurate IDs go, even at near it's max depth the numbers don't drop off, like for example I hear / read the Deus does. When you do get near the end of it's range sometimes there will be no ID number.

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig all the 83-84 id's, silver dimes hit it too, as do cu pennies. Nickels at 57 if they are horizontal to the coil. Morgans hit as 98.
Canslaw sounds jagged and "usually" gets jumpy if you tilt a bit over it. Some of it just makes you dig because you have to find out. Beavertails ring up a 55/56. I don't know if anyone else digs them suckers as much as we do, but we haul in one of them per coin every outing it seems, sometimes (lots) more.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
How i got target id's when i used them was ... I would put down all items i was hunting for lets say a dime i would get the id by swinging the detector over it .. That way i got the right id's for my detector on the target not the id of some one else's detector.. Do a little home work write down your id's from your detector and you are all set ...

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well sand as in salt water beach sand or other high mineral sand ?---if so know that your most likely going to have to adjust your sen /power level downward a bit so that the machine will not pick up the background minerals in the saltwater beach / highly mineralized sand area --it will read as a wall of metal and freak the machine out (just drop it slowly until the machine becomes "stable")-- I live in florida so I know about this issue it can also be a problem in areas with lots of minerals in the soil as well ) -- what exactly are you after --and what mineral conditions is the soil? I have used my delta 4000 for quite some time and its number IDing for the most part is solid as per the chart

many folks in a vain attempt to gain "extra depth" run way to much power , the ground can only accept as much signal as the mineral level will allow it to --- much like rain water --once the ground is as "full" as it can stand ---the excess rain water just pools on the surface ..the same with signal --the ground can only "take" so much --the rest is just causes feedback hurting rather than helping.. the term "ground balanced" means your outputting all the signal the ground can take in but no more than that...[/QUOTE]

Hi ivan :hello:

Your second paragraph provides an excellent explanation of the reaction between ground mineralization and the control box power setting !

Thanks,

ToddB64

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions