Targets with no number Id ?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been experimenting with my F5 on all metal mode and Im getting some targets with a solid repeatable tone but no # shows up on the ID. What does this mean?

They're deeper than the ID circuity can identify.

Throw a quarter on the ground and scan it while watching the ID and raising the coil.
You'll see it identify it properly to begin with, then start jumping around as you get farther away, then no ID even though the detector can tell you something is there.

In other words , just a limitation of all detectors, nothing is wrong. All my other detectors do it in addition to my F5.

OP
OP
O

olstinker

Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in that case I would have to make a judgement call whether not not to dig it based on the tone ?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in that case I would have to make a judgement call whether not not to dig it based on the tone ?

Correct. I dig everything it can't ID since that means deep which means old to me.

Try your wife's small gold rings, many times small gold jewelry IDs as trash and that's a dilemma we all face - to dig or not to dig. Everything isn't cut and dried by the detector's ID screen.

I'll get my F5 out this weekend so I will be able to answer most of your questions.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Took my F5 outside. It does work that way.

Close range you get a good VID.

Farther away the VID starts jumping around.

Farther away you get no VID but you get a good repeatable signal you should dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread