TARSACCI beach outing in Oz.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Did go to the beach with the intention of doing some depth testing but got caught up in detecting.

First outing didn't turn out all bad, Tarsacci proved to work just fine on wet sand, Silver it was this time.

TARSACCI 1st outing.jpg

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long have you had it now? Was that a wet/dry sand hunt or in the water? I hear you about going to test and end up hunting lol. The only way i get much testing done is if i plan it with another hunter. Otherwise i hit the beach swinging. But you gather a lot of info from dug targets. You running in AM or Disc? Disc kind of drives me nuts with the ping pongs especially the falses since i dont like turning it way down. I prefer AM.... like the Xcal in PP mode i just get more out of the machine. Bit jumpy screen but over a target and you know it. I prefer the small fast pops of AM on mineral falsing. Running -30 tends to stop the wrap around when running high sensitivity as well. GL.

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Had it 3 weeks.
First outing was in the first week, dry and wet sand, tried all modes, all metal on wet sand.

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
From a beach used by US troops doing WW-II . . . Walking Liberty Half Dollar 1939.

DSCF0980_1024.JPG

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Did get to the beach to do a wet sand depth test on our 10¢ coin same conductivity as your Nickle and a lot of gold rings.
When test completed, kept the coil swinging over the dry sand on the way back to the car . . . detected and picked up a few items. . . Ring is just that, . . custom no value jewellery.

:occasion14:

Project5.jpg

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
William Penn HS Ring 1935, from the WW II beach. . . .Some finds make you think of happenings before your time.

William Penn1935 HS Ring.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread