Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D Sound familiar? :D Yup, still finding those pesky little tax tokens. However, I did dig an extra special one today. Made me think of my buddy Rob. Mississippi :wink:
Our fall hunting season has really just started here. Summer temps were brutal and we didn't hunt very much this summer. Cooler temps finally arrived here several weeks ago and we've been out and about hunting here and there. No snakes, no ticks and no gnats. :icon_thumright: On our first hunt to my favorite wooded site for the season, I found a shield nickel.

102_1698.JPG

We had a new place lined up that was pretty neat. Found a Buffalo nickel and Rosie, lots of wheats and other misc stuff.

IMG_3642.JPG

102_1729.JPG

102_1733.JPG
Here's some of the keepers.....

IMG_3630.JPG

Went to a site that I just knew was going to be a good one. Not to be, but just being out and digging was great after that long hot summer.

102_1775.JPG

102_1778.JPG

We've came across this new site to hunt recently. A pasture that use to have an old store on it (30's-70's). We hunted there a day or two and found a couple of keepers....a merc, AF button and wheats, a little trinket with the 10 commandments and a LOT of aluminum. OH...and while venturing out into the pasture on the other side of nowhere, I came across this neat little pistol!
102_1844.JPG
We had our hopes up for the adjoining property and got permission this week. Mondays hunt was quite chilly. I think we made it up to 39 degrees that day. This place is loaded with iron and what!? Pulltabs! :-X It's been quite an experience to hunt here. It's in a corn field that didn't get harvested this fall. :o :-X :o Double bite my lip! That place is a bugger to hunt!

102_1862.JPG

But after digging a pile of scrap iron, I've found a few keepers to bring home.
Love to find the trade tokens, so I was happy with this one:

102_1870.JPG

And I found a neat aluminum baking powder token and a 1905 Indian along with two marbles:

IMG_3624.JPG

And the scrap bucket from today....

102_1883.JPG

The funniest sight was looking over and seeing Lisa crawling under the truck digging all the corn stalks out of the bumper of the Tahoe after taking a peek at another site on the other end of the field. Sure wish I'da had my camera handy. :laughing7:
Have a great week ya'll!!
Nana :hello:

Upvote 0

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool recoveries and post :icon_thumright: Enjoyed the pics :headbang: Thanks for sharing :icon_salut: HH BS

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Awesome bunch of relics. Congrats on the tax token.
Dman

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nana, you ladies have been busy digging good stuff. I'm sure Buckleboy is proud of you since you found a couple of marbles. Is that a broken end from some old scxissors in the pic with the marbles? You recovered some nice coins too and there may be a gold coin or two hiding around where the old store was located. Is that a War Eagle or Buzzard in that tree? Excellent pics and digging report (as usual). HH, Quindy.

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post Nana! I'm right there with you on summer being a bad time to hunt. I hope to get out this weekend for the first time in a few months but rain is predicted. We'll see. Oh, and congrats on finding the elusive tax token. :D

Kent

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds... congrats ! :thumbsup:

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Al gives it ... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Continue to regale us with such fantabulous posts ...

~ Al

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Nana, Congradulations. There should be more good finds out there. The pictures are great. Merry Christmas.....

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I love that button you found. It is AWESOME!

Great finds. Good to see you out there finding the treasures.... :icon_thumleft:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Awesome trade token Nana.

Yes the summer really sucked this yr. I did very little hunting this summer. Now the cold came and it really got cold. Gonna try and get a few more in though.

HH Jer

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
well just rub it in, nice pistol and the rest aint bad either. we got 2" of snow on the ground, highs in the mid 30's and a cold front on the way. thanks for sharing it helps beat the wintertime blues.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana the token queen! Not just tax tokens anymore! I like that scalloped 5 cent trade. :thumbsup:

Good stuff as usual. No rings this time?? ;D

tth

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice One Nana!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions