TD bank confrontation help please.

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so basically i go to dump $500 in halves (5 bag changes) and a youngish teller gets told by a lady sitting at a desk that next time i bring in a small bucket it will have to be shipped out and counted and my account will be added or deducted for the difference. Now will they try and charge me a fee? How would that be possible since is it not company policy that account holders have access to the penny arcade counting machine? I have trouble speaking up for myself so i tend to come here for advice. :BangHead:

Upvote 0

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
kevinbomb123 said:
Ok so basically i go to dump $500 in halves (5 bag changes) and a youngish teller gets told by a lady sitting at a desk that next time i bring in a small bucket it will have to be shipped out and counted and my account will be added or deducted for the difference. Now will they try and charge me a fee? How would that be possible since is it not company policy that account holders have access to the penny arcade counting machine? I have trouble speaking up for myself so i tend to come here for advice. :BangHead:

Hard to say. What I would suggest is calling a different branch and ask them a couple question. What they would likely do is just have you pour it into a coinlok bag, put your info on it and go that route. They may or may not credit you right there.

The banks I used for dumps, I let them know the exact amount before I go to dump but they do $500 bags of dimes/quarters/halves.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
kevinbomb123 said:

This is exactly what you want if you do any kind of volume.

You walk in with a pail.
You tell them how much is in your pail.
They transfer the contents of your pail into a coin lock bag.
They seal the bag, and hand you that much cash.
They write your acct# on the bag along with the amount claimed to be in it.
The bag gets counted offsite.
Whatever amount the bag is off by gets added/subtracted from the account number written on the bag.

There is no better way to dump.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I second everything Madwest just said.... especially the last part (there is no better way to dump)-for you or the tellers/bankers.... It is CRH'ing truth being spoken here today.

They do it that way because it is easier on them. Can you imagine how annoying it would have to be to change the bag 5 times for one customer? As far as a "fee" goes, you will have to ask, but I have never heard of them charging for that. Not only that, but I am pretty sure if they were going to charge you a fee, she would have told you about it when she was telling you everthing else...So I would say, there will not be a fee for that.

Good luck.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with the above-
That is the ideal way to dump. I would give my left arm to have that option. I have tried bringing it up a few times at banks to no avail. The hunt continues for me to find this situation.
N8

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or you could just change up your routine. I don't know what kind of volume you do, but maybe you could do a dump there on Saturday. I have found that most of the branch managers and regular tellers aren't working on Saturdays, usually younger staff who most often are happy to oblige most requests.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kevinbomb123 said:

That is NOT bankwide policy at TD. That's why they have the machines in the first place.
I would call a branch(any one in your area) and ask for the Regional Service Rep's phone number and call him/her and relate the experience. They need to know someone is making up things as they go along.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
LOL this is an old arguement,

To start with [not a fight] the machines are not there for people to collect coins, they are there as a convenience for the customers. I regularly dump at 10 TD banks and am friendly with most of the tellers and floor managers. According to them penny was meant to be a way for children to get interested in banking so as to draw them in.

As mentioned before lolipops , pens , and coffee [other banks] are free for the customers [ and anyone else] but it is with an understanding that you dont take them all [as with the k-cups].

Because of some of the views and policies of collectors here and out there I can no longer order coins from TD bank. What more needs to be said? What will we lose next?

My favorite story from arguements like these is when i am in your "territories" and tellers knowingly give me silver or halves they wouldnt give or tell those of you who disagree with me on not being "greedy"

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing what can be accomplished when greed is not part of the equation.
quiksilver said:
LOL this is an old arguement,

To start with [not a fight] the machines are not there for people to collect coins, they are there as a convenience for the customers. I regularly dump at 10 TD banks and am friendly with most of the tellers and floor managers. According to them penny was meant to be a way for children to get interested in banking so as to draw them in.

As mentioned before lolipops , pens , and coffee [other banks] are free for the customers [ and anyone else] but it is with an understanding that you dont take them all [as with the k-cups].

Because of some of the views and policies of collectors here and out there I can no longer order coins from TD bank. What more needs to be said? What will we lose next?

My favorite story from arguements like these is when i am in your "territories" and tellers knowingly give me silver or halves they wouldnt give or tell those of you who disagree with me on not being "greedy"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread