mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Been lurking for a few months now and this is my first post. I've had som moderate success with dimes this year. Got 32 including 1 merc and 2 80% Canadian. Also found 2 40% ken, one war nickel, one buff nickel and one Indian head. I've been working my way through old posts and gaining as much knowledge as I can. I love this site. One post I read had to do with the relationship between finding silver dimes and Canadian dimes. Any box I have found silver in has also had Canadian. The TD boxes I have gone through have had nothing but clad American in them. This is making me think they are putting the dimes through a sorter that is rejecting everything but the clad. I think I am going to stop ordering because they never produce. I usually get 1 to 3 silver from BOA and a small local bank. Would appreciate any thoughts anyone had on my theory. Thanks and HH.

Upvote 0

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not going to get too into it, but I never said that TARP was a bad thing, I just said that the majority of banks that were forced to take TARP funds didn't need them. The publicity surrounding the whole thing made the banks take it, because if all your competitors are taking free money and you won't, it doesn't exactly look great for you. Many bank executives have said that themselves.

Anyway, yes, Garda boxes from TD suck, at least around here. Dimes kind of suck in general around here. I don't track my finds by company, but if I did, I'm sure they'd be worse than Brinks. Same with nickels, Brinks nickels were actually quite awesome and produced some nice boxes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread